February 2014 Moms

Baby Wearing Help

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Baby Wearing Help

• JammersC said:

Maybe try a sling instead of a wrap? You could try a cheaper one like the ones from seven slings. That way if baby hates it, you're not out a whole bunch of money.

(As far as I know) a sling needs to be tight like the moby in order to be safe. If baby feels restricted in the moby, she should feel just as restricted in a sling.
    Perhaps try a mei tai? You tie it around you so you can make it tighter than a buckle carrier.(for small) Babyhawk makes great ones but I've heard good things about an infantino one at target.

Is there a local baby wearing group? They could help and may have a lending library to try things out from, at a lower cost than buying a bunch of things to learn LO doesn't like them.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I found with the Moby, LO doesn't like to be bundled up with his legs froggied. He takes it better with the Moby between his legs.

As far as ergo goes, I don't use insert but just roll a blanket under his bottom to get him higher and more supported.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • For the moby is your Lo big enough for other holds?
     ***********************************************************************************************
      blogbutton badge!!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm 5'2 and LO is 7lbs 7oz. She loves my Maya ring sling. She lays tummy to tummy- almost like our tummy time in the evening. Her hands are up on my chest and she's snug against me. I think hearing my heartbeat is comforting. It might be a lot like the moby hold- so I'm not sure if it would help your situation... But it's worth a shot. Maybe you can try some different ones on? I got mine at a boutique that had about 15 different carrier brands and could try them all out!
  • Do you not like the Ergo because the baby is small or you are? I know smaller people do have issues with he Ergo because it is kind of bulky. In that case I would look into the Beco carrier or a Tula if you are willing to spend a lot of money. If it's because the baby is small, I've read that some people really think the infant insert is worth it and since your LO is only 7lbs now you'll be able to use it for a while and they re-sell really well.

TTC: 8/11    BFP: 5/13   EDD:2/2/14   Born 1/13/14

• DD2 is 7 lbs now and we benefit from the ergo insert, it was really worth it for us. I'm pretty short and I find it comfortable to wear, it is the thinner, lighter sport version though.
    I'm a sinner saved by grace and a child of the Attitude Era (Oh you didn't know?!?)
    #OurBoyD-Bryan #TeamCrossRhodes #KnowYourRoll #ShutYourMouth 
    DD#1: 9/3/2004 Noelle Catherine
    DD#2: 1/26/2014 Faith Preston
    DC(dear cat?? lol): 6/5/2009 Shane Fitzgerald Kennedy
    I married my best friend <3 DH is my knight in shining armor! 

• I have been doing a ton of research on this as my LO does not sleep in his crib so the pedi suggested I wear him and try getting sleep on the recliner instead of killing myself all night. Anyways, after spending almost a week I narrowed down to beco baby Gemini. Choice two was the Ktan but I'm not a big fan of slings and wraps (read a few articles on safety and ease of putting on). My carrier will be delivered in a few days and I'll let you know. My LO is about 8lbs at the moment. it's pricey but they say that's all you need for a really long time so it's worth the investment. Look up reviews on it and see if that will work for you.
  • BFP #1 5.26.08 DD born 1.4.09
    BFP #2 3.11.12 m/c 3.26.12
    BFP #3 10.7.12 m/c 10.27.12
    BFP #4 2.24.13 ectopic MTX 3.13.13 Right tube removed 3.29.13
    BFP #5 5.27.13 DS born 1.22.14

BFP #6 4.14.16

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards