December 2013 Moms
Options

Coming soon: Social groups!

BumpJackieBumpJackie member
edited March 2014 in December 2013 Moms
Exciting news about a new community feature!

Coming soon: Social Groups! 

What are social groups? This feature will allow members to create personalized groups, invite-only groups and private groups on The Bump. 

There will be three types of groups users can create. Social groups can be 1) public; 2) invite only to post but visible to all; or 3) private - invite only to post and invite only to view.

One thing to note: Social groups will not be moderated by The Bump, but it is expected you follow the same community rules while in the groups. Private or not, we urge you not to share any personal information.

Look out for this new feature next week!

Follow The Bump on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!

Re: Coming soon: Social groups!

• Options
    Can you say.... DRAMA!  Because what happens off board never stays off board.  Some bish gotta always bring it back. :P 

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    KFED103 said:

I'm going to create 10 AE's, only invite myself, and make it visible. It will be a dear diary extravaganza 

I LOLed at this!
  • Options
    There are already local boards....
    Let the popularity contests and group wars begin.
  • Options
    I can see a lot of ppl starting new groups just to be able to post what they can't post on boards they are not invited to.
  • Options
    This is going to be a fucking disaster.
    image  image

Lilypie - (Xzno)
    Lilypie - (WIG0)
  • Options
    A bunch of hormonal pregnant women cliques. I hope they all choose option 2 so we can watch.
  • Options
    Bad.....very bad
  • Options
    I feel like it will make it super hard for new people to intro and make friends. I like new people. #2 makes me uncomfortable.
    image  image

Lilypie - (Xzno)
    Lilypie - (WIG0)
  • Options
    ColeRose said:

@RayFan28 I don't think there are cool kids vs non-cool kids. I always see it as regs vs non-regs. But I think these groups could lead to a "cool kids" vibe.

Heaven I literally just heard about this today when y'all did. 
    I think there are cool regs, non-regs, and just plain regs. But either way this is a bad idea. Bad bad idea.

Me: 31 | DH: 33

DS1: 12.23.13 | DS2: 05.06.16

BFP: 06.30.19 | EDD: 3.9.20

**TW**
    TTC3: 11.18
    BFP: 02.05.19
    CP: 03.07.19
    *really traumatic recovery*

• Options

RanFan28 said:

ColeRose said:

@RayFan28 I don't think there are cool kids vs non-cool kids. I always see it as regs vs non-regs. But I think these groups could lead to a "cool kids" vibe.

I think there are cool regs, non-regs, and just plain regs. But either way this is a bad idea. Bad bad idea.
    Yeah, kind of like the becs thread a couple weeks ago. Not that people were prohibited from posting, but probably would have just been ignored if weren't considered a cool reg. At least that's how I felt about it.

P.S. I still lurked the hell out of that thread.
    @Mapeers3354, I felt the same way. And I still don't know what becs stands for...I guess I'm not cool enough. ;)

P.S. I lurked it all day long. :)

**TW**

• Options

Colerose- I am a regular ( been here since month one ) and post regularly but I doubt anyone would invite me to a group. Most of the time when I post I don't really get that many love tits or responses . It could be because most of the time I stay out of the drama but do read almost every post and respond when I can. I do think that this new group stuff is def going to suck . We will have to see!

@pink flamingo: I couldn't have said it better myself.

**TW**

• Options

RanFan28 said:

RanFan28 said:

ColeRose said:

Yeah, kind of like the becs thread a couple weeks ago. Not that people were prohibited from posting, but probably would have just been ignored if weren't considered a cool reg. At least that's how I felt about it.

P.S. I still lurked the hell out of that thread.
    @Mapeers3354, I felt the same way. And I still don't know what becs stands for...I guess I'm not cool enough. ;)

P.S. I lurked it all day long. :)
    Errrrmmmagehhhd GUISE... we could've gotten to 20 pages if you helped contribute!!!!!!!!

bitches eating crackers? @cashingn2 , help me out here?
    I'm still drawing a blank?
  • Options

What benefit is there to having a semi private group that requires an invite to post, but can be viewed by all? Like, what kinds of groups does TB foresee using this format?

The ONLY thing I can see is something where say AmyG had her own "group" and the mods were the only ones who could post questions for her to answer. And everyone could see her answers? That way she didn't have to be on every board answering every question. But, it's a stretch and doesn't seem like there are many ways it would translate to other topics or people.

**TW**

• Options
    @lrachelle80 Thanks! FTR, I wasn't offended by the thread, I just had no idea what it meant and didn't want to post on a thread that I didn't even know what the title meant. :) But the meme is hilarious. I heart it. ;)

**TW**

• Options
    lisa1129 said:
    Does that board even exist anymore? Or did it get taken down after ML took over? I'm not seeing it on mobile.
    For a long time I thought this was a joke, because surely Pampers wouldn't need a message board. I died when I found out it was a real thing.
    image  image

Lilypie - (Xzno)
    Lilypie - (WIG0)
  • Options

Colerose- I am a regular ( been here since month one ) and post regularly but I doubt anyone would invite me to a group. Most of the time when I post I don't really get that many love tits or responses . It could be because most of the time I stay out of the drama but do read almost every post and respond when I can. I do think that this new group stuff is def going to suck . We will have to see!

I feel like this is me too! @pinkflamingo, we can have our own group! ;)

Also, PP who said it reminded them of high school -- yes, yes, 1000 times yes!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    How am I just seeing this whole thread?? Wow I need to keep my eyes peeled! I agree with all PP, totes gonna be drama when people can see and aren't invited! That will be fun to watch for sure, but then the dramatic people can't post and then it won't be any fun. Soooo I'm not so sure about this...

My sweet girl Lilijana Jane 12/16/13
    View Full Size Image 
  • Options

This is me too...and it doesn't help that I don't know how to GIF. It's definitely a bad idea. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Displaying photo.JPGDisplaying photo.JPG
  • Options
    Not a fan of this idea and the idea of #2 makes me wayyyy more anxious...way to help anxiety TB :(
  • Options
    As if my newfound social anxiety wasn't bad enough already. Nothing has happened yet and I already feel like the last kid picked in dodgeball.
  • Options
    ColeRose said:

Sort of this and a lot of the other posted opinions. I used to be a reg, but have kind of become a non-reg, because bishes be cray cray. I still lurk every day, but don't participate as much. If there are groups, and people are left out, I do see a lot of hurt feelings and drama stemming from that. Especially #2. I see a lot of crap coming from #2.

• Options
    Thirsty Thursday....
    I agree. Everyone can have the drink of her choice. But I feel it should be $1 domestic beer at a minor league baseball stadium.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

This is exactly me as well. And I agree 100%!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Mimosa Monday

Tequila Tuesday
    Wine Wednesday
    ______Thursday
    ______Friday
    Sangria Saturday
    _______Sunday

help me out here ladies...we need all the drinking day groups
    Thirsty Thursday?
    Frangelico Friday?