January 2014 Moms

Coming soon: Social groups!

Exciting news about a new community feature!

Coming soon: Social Groups! 

What are social groups? This feature will allow members to create personalized groups, invite-only groups and private groups on The Bump. 

There will be three types of groups users can create. Social groups can be 1) public; 2) invite only to post but visible to all; or 3) private - invite only to post and invite only to view.

One thing to note: Social groups will not be moderated by The Bump, but it is expected you follow the same community rules while in the groups. Private or not, we urge you not to share any personal information.

Look out for this new feature next week!

Follow The Bump on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!

Re: Coming soon: Social groups!

• This idea sounds bad.
     ***********************************************************************************************
      blogbutton badge!!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Announcements stink. Especially when there's more than one.

And while we're here, I have to say that the Mod of the Month could be a great idea... except for the fact that it will always be a mod for a board with a lot of active members rather than truly picking someone for a special reason. I'm all for honoring people, but the method of choosing the mod of the month just doesn't seem to be the best way. How about narrowing it down to three and having the entire community vote amongst those three. Or something like that. And pick them based on the reason why they were nominated -- not just because they had the most votes. I don't know, I just feel like there has to be a better way. Right?!
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh yeah, and bump boards seem like a hassle. I doubt I'll take the time to bother with them, personally.

• Worst idea ever... Cue drama.

Married 3/17/2005
    M/C #1 2005 - 6wks
    M/C #2 2006 - 7wks
    M/C #3 2008 - 11wks
    Baby Aeneas Born 1/20/2014
  • What for ?? Not a good idea at all
  • I'm confused..is this gonna replace the BMB? If not, then we don't have to join or make one. I'm not for change..
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Maybe they're trying to avoid people leaving to make Facebook groups? That's the only reason I could think of why they'd do this.
  • @BumpJackie -- is there any way that you could either combine the two announcements about social groups or delete this one?
  • @peanutmuse- I can unannounce this post, but I can't post this thread link within the other update because it's closed.  But I can remove this one if that's okay with everyone.  LMK.

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• @mrsjenni -- there are just so many announcements. It's not up to me, of course. It just seems unnecessary to have 2 announcements about the same thing, especially since it's being changed from this one.
  • @mrsjenni -- there are just so many announcements. It's not up to me, of course. It just seems unnecessary to have 2 announcements about the same thing, especially since it's being changed from this one.
    @peanutmuse - Yep, just went ahead and removed it.

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• About. Freaking. Time ;)

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Thanks @mrsjenni!

Married: 9.22.12 - DD: 1.7.14 - EDD 2: 10.30.17 - J14 OG
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"