Cloth Diapering

Wet Bags

Anyone have a wetbag they really like?  I'm leaning towards the Planetwise hanging wet/dry bag.  I've seen a couple reviews around claiming that the liner delaminates in the wash, so I"m a bit hesitant.

Does anybody have a planetwise bag and like it?  Anyone have any others they really like?

Right now I just have a small trashcan that I line with a white trashbag and throw it out each time we wash.  I don't really like doing it this way though since it gets pretty smelly.
Visit The Nest! Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Wet Bags

• I have 2 planetwise wetbags and haven't had any problems in 2.5 months. Each bag is washed about twice a week. I rarely put them in the dryer, which I think is the culprit with delamination.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I love my bummis medium wetbags. They are still great after 18 months. But I know others have had delamination issues. Bummis does replace though.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • If you're looking for pail liners, I got the mommy's touch brand from green mountain diapers and they still are working great after 15 months.

If you're looking for wet bags... I used planet wise for about 4-6 months before both of my bags delaminated on the inside bottom corners.  And I never put them in the dryer except after the first time I washed them.  I bought 2 bummis bags after TJ recommended them a few months ago and really like them!  No delaminating issues so far and the inside feels much more waterproof than my planetwise bags.  I recently got a kangacare bag and really like it, will probably get another one soon.
  • I have problems with delamination on the Bummis. So far 2 have delaminated. But they keep replacing them. 
  • I have 3 from kanga care. They have put up with a lot and still going strong. I do a wash EOD when they are full. All my small wet bags from different companies I've had issues with. The wahm ones fell apart and the zippers busted on the Alva.
  • I went to a CD "class" recently led by a rep from Grovia. It was more like a presentation but they had a hanging wet bag ("perfect pail") that looked good. I'm a FTM and new to CD so I don't have any actual experience yet, especially not with delaminating. Grovia's wet bag doesn't unzip at the bottom, but instead unzips several inches up, so there should be no issues with dripping or leaking. Like I said, I haven't actually used any wet bags yet but I thought that one looked pretty good.
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I have a few planet wise wet bags and have had no problems with them. They take forever to dry though, and don't hold that much. I prefer my Fuzzibunz one that zips on the bottom. It dries quickly and holds three days worth of diapers. Only downside is it doesn't zip closed and the opening is a little small. 
    #1 7/2013
    #2 3/2015
    #3 3/2017
    #4 10/2019
  • Ive had my PW wet bag for at least 10 months. It gets washed at least 2x per week and is working fine. I don't feel like it takes that long to dry, but I do make sure to hang it from the tip of the PUL end so it doesn't hold water. I had a Wolbybug, but it wouldn't stay snapped on the doorknob. I recently got a Kangacare, and while I like it a lot, it is slightly smaller than my large PW bag.

• We have the Planetwise wet bags and love them. They really keep the dirty diaper odor down. We haven't had any problems with them yet. There may be more wear on them because of putting them in the dryer. We let ours air dry to get the most life out of them. We do the same thing with our covers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image   image
  • My fuzzibunz works great. I didn't like pw because it was a Pain with the 2 layers. I use alva for my pail liners. They work great.
  • I just bought a small swaddlebees wet bag. I didn't realize how much the two layers of PW bothered me until I pulled the new bag out of the wash.
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

• Chichigo said:
    I just bought a small swaddlebees wet bag. I didn't realize how much the two layers of PW bothered me until I pulled the new bag out of the wash.
    Can I ask what about the two layers bothers you? I'm new to CDing and currently looking into pail liners and wet bags and was leaning toward PW brand.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary Ticker
  • I have PW pail liners that work great so fat. Just hot two KangaCare zippered wetbags fir travel and they seem really nice, but I'm not sure if they'll actually hold the 15 diapers and inserts they claim to.
  • We used planet wise hanging wet bags for two years and regularly put them in the dryer and no problems.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 15 overstuffed, wet pockets will fit even after I unstuff them. I do find that I can't rely on the hanging strap to remain snapped under that weight. 
  • Chichigo said:
    I just bought a small swaddlebees wet bag. I didn't realize how much the two layers of PW bothered me until I pulled the new bag out of the wash.
    Can I ask what about the two layers bothers you? I'm new to CDing and currently looking into pail liners and wet bags and was leaning toward PW brand.
    Butting in: the two layers sucks for when you are drying them.  I always make sure to hold up the pul side over the sink to make sure there is no water trapped on that side then squeeze the extra water out of the fabric side.  Then I hang it up by the pul so it dries well.
    This. Stuffing the liner back in isn't fun either. Side I only had PW to begin with, I didn't know there was an alternative.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"