May 2013 Moms
Options

those not doing BLW

When are you or did you move to chunkier foods/stage 2?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: those not doing BLW

• Options
    We have been on stage two foods for months. I didn't intent to do BLW but my LO had other ideas! He eats puffs, rice cakes, cheerios, ravioli, and is eating grilled cheese as I type. But I think every baby is different so IMO your LO will let you know when it's time.
  • Options
    we are doing mostly purees and cereal..and have been fine with stage 2 for a couple of months... and I give him some table food that I feel comfortable with including cheerios, bread with hummus, pasta, fish, etc., and he likes it and seems to do fine with it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Didn't do baby led weaning but have been making her food "thicker" for a couple of months now. I finally got past the choking fear 2 weeks ago and let her try to self feed and that went really well. She simply just knew what to do without any instruction. Since then I have been making her meals into small chewable pieces. I feed her some of the more "purée" type stuff (like yogurt and oatmeal) and she feeds herself pieces of fruit in between. Same for lunch and dinner but with meat, veggies, etc

• Options
    nbatchen said:
    We have been on stage two foods for months. I didn't intent to do BLW but my LO had other ideas! He eats puffs, rice cakes, cheerios, ravioli, and is eating grilled cheese as I type. But I think every baby is different so IMO your LO will let you know when it's time.

This is us exactly. C really isn't a fan of purées at all anymore, he only wants things he can pick up so he can feed himself. I still try to sneak in a purée (stage 2) simply becuase I don't want to waste what we have. He eats everything, there hasn't been one single thing we've given him that he won't eat. Ravioli, Cheerios, fresh fruits, whole peas, chicken, steak (his favorite!), pancakes, etc. He kept reaching for our food so I began giving him things to feed himself and he hasn't stopped. I agree, your LO will let you know when it's time. Like the others have said, stage 2 aren't any chunkier than stage 1, just different combinations and more food. We started stage 2 foods around 6-7 months.
  • Options
    Gah!  We're on stage 3.  We did not BLW, but we did introduce solids successfully at 4 months.  6 months we were on to stage 2, and now at stage 3.  Our pedi said whenever we were comfortable, we could drop out purees all together.  Basically, stage 1 is soup, stage 2 is a smoothie, stage 3 is chunky.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    A refuses food forbthe most part. Right now we try to get her to eat whatever she will eat so that includes toddler meals and whatever we are eating cut into very tiny pieces. She hasn't managed to eat much yet.

Last night had just over an ounce of a smoothie I was drinking and I am going to try that again tonight. (mango, strawberry, greek yogurt that I blended for a snack)
  • Options
    I didn't want to do BLW because I was terrified of choking. I made purees from 5 months on, but about a month ago she started refusing them. Now she eats a lot of "real" food, and the only purees I can get her to eat are fruits. I still worry about her choking, and I'm careful in how I size things for her, but I mostly just have to push the worry aside.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    We are in stage 3. We also give him small tastes of our table food because he is really interested. He got Cheerios yesterday for the first time and he LOVED them. I was nervous since they are so small

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Options
    @KatieCCGC, not really anymore.  She did at first, but she's really gotten the hang of things now.  The only problems I have are if I give her something too big, she tries to shove it all in her mouth to chew, and obviously that dosent work.  I let her have a pizza crust and she did her level best to cram it all the way down her throat, which led to serious gagging and terrified me.  But little bite sized pieces are gummed just fine, even things that worry me.  Just give him time, he will figure it all out!  

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    My LO just does the lizard tongue is what I call it for the the past few weeks. It's kinda frustrating since she always seems hungry but won't eat her solids. :Sigh:
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We've been doing stage 2 purees, cereal, yogurt, puffs and Cheerios. Just recently I started giving him tiny pieces of table food (last night it was tiny peices of meatballs...,he wasn't thrilled).
    Mommy of 3 beautiful boys!
    image.
  • Options
    We've been on stage 2-3 then simce 6 months. LO never took to the soupy. The thicker/chunky stuff is what she liked so i do those. And started finger foods/puffs for about a month now. She has had: banana, mango, scrambled egg, baked apple, pears, green beans, acacados, sweet potato, cheese, watermelon,my grilled cheese sandwich. Tried chicken but she wasnt too entheused so we'll try that again later.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"