April 2013 Moms
Options

MOTY nominee

'Ha, the baby looks funny chewing gum!' I thought to myself

>>>>>record scratch<<<<<
He was chewing on a small elastic band. My heart just about stopped. I have no idea where he got it from. I fished it out before he could swallow it.

Re: MOTY nominee

• Options
    tondraluvtondraluv member
    edited February 2014
    Brayden was really quite yesterday. I looked down & he was playing with something brown. Well the little brown thing happened to be poop. So many things ran through my head; how'd he get that? did he get any in his mouth? I instantly put my bathing suit on & got in the tub with him. I scrubbed down every nook & crevice of his little body.

Edit:spelling

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    tondraluv said:
    Brayden was really quit yesterday. I looked down & he was playing with something brown. Well the little brown thing happened to be poop. So many things ran through my head; how'd he get that? did he get any in his mouth? I instantly put my bathing suit on & got in the tub with him. I scrubbed down every nook & crevice of his little body.

Ooomg! Lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was giving both kids a bath. DD was done and dressed and I was trying to get DS out of the tub. So I look over and DD is playing happily with the door stopper... cute and she's entertained and making it go "boing". Then I notice the little plastic covering part is missing and I don't remember it being gone before. Yep in her mouth. Had to fish that sucker out.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Pri found something random under the kitchen table and was going to town on it.  I have no idea what it was.  When I fished it out it was unrecognizable.  The best part is that I didn't even feel bad. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mommy2BEL said:

I was folding laundry in the family room and I could hear Tallulah playing with the letter magnets on the fridge and thennnn it got quiet.  BECAUSE SHE WAS EATING OUR DOGS FOOD BY THE HAND FULLS.  I have the food area gated off and she scooched her way in and helped herself.  Mega mom fail BUT....our dog is on special diet food for allergies and really is like the whole food version of dog food so nothing in it could harm her...it actually probably has less ingredients that some of the gerber snacks ** a few points redeemed! ** haha

First let me say I'm glad your daughter was/is ok. Second I literally laughed out loud imagining her shoving it in her mouth with two hands. What was her reaction to the taste?! My DD wants to get in our dogs dishes so badly!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah we did a deep clean on our floors over the weekend after I caught DS with an old movie stub in his mouth while he was playing on the floor.  DH was laying right next to him watching TV and didn't even notice he had anything in his mouth.  Sheesh!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Glad I'm not alone! This kid is going to be the death of me.
  • Options
    Im just laughing out loud over hear because I can totally relate to all of this!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    tondraluv said:
    Brayden was really quite yesterday. I looked down & he was playing with something brown. Well the little brown thing happened to be poop. So many things ran through my head; how'd he get that? did he get any in his mouth? I instantly put my bathing suit on & got in the tub with him. I scrubbed down every nook & crevice of his little body.

Edit:spelling

LOL!  I was giving the twins a bath last night.  I took C out and was getting her dressed (I stay right next to the tub before anyone freaks out), and let T play longer.  She was having a grand time splashing around.  I look into the tub and see it looks cloudier than before.  Yep, she pooped in the tub.  Bleach was my friend last night.  And she had had a dirty diaper like not an hour before, so I never would have thought there was "danger".

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Options
    I feed my dogs this very high-end salmon-based dog food, and I kid you not: every time I feed the dogs, DS crawls over and opens his mouth like a baby bird. If I don't give him a piece of kibble he has a giant tantrum. The pieces are small and not a choking hazard so I just go along with it.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • Options
    danuli8 said:
    I feed my dogs this very high-end salmon-based dog food, and I kid you not: every time I feed the dogs, DS crawls over and opens his mouth like a baby bird. If I don't give him a piece of kibble he has a giant tantrum. The pieces are small and not a choking hazard so I just go along with it.
    Omg I totally didn't think of that. Will got into our dogs dog food tonight too (two pieces). It is a grain free fish based food. Fish is the only food we haven't tried with him yet. Do you think he'll be in the clear as far as an allergy goes?
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Options
    @arschm02, I am sure Will will be fine! DS has had fish before (including salmon) and seems just fine with it. Fish allergies are less common than biggies like cow's milk.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • Options
    We have an outlet in the kitchen that has two USB outlets and a regular plug in one. It's Above counter level but the counter ends so sometimes the cords hang around the trash cans. We charge our phone and the iPad there. Well, one of the phone cords was hanging down still plugged in. Of course, I find her sucking on the phone cord one. So immediately after I figure she's ok, I try it myself to see how it is. Brilliance x 2.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    DS ate a piece of deodorant today. YAY poison control!!
    Married July 2008.  TTC 2010.
    Stephen James born 4/24/13 after 27 hours of labor and 2.5 hours of pushing!
    Due with #2   4/16/15

• Options
    Mommy2BEL said:
    I was folding laundry in the family room and I could hear Tallulah playing with the letter magnets on the fridge and thennnn it got quiet.  BECAUSE SHE WAS EATING OUR DOGS FOOD BY THE HAND FULLS.  I have the food area gated off and she scooched her way in and helped herself.  Mega mom fail BUT....our dog is on special diet food for allergies and really is like the whole food version of dog food so nothing in it could harm her...it actually probably has less ingredients that some of the gerber snacks ** a few points redeemed! ** haha

Thank you for making my day. Hilarious story.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"