1st Trimester

Spotting at nine weeks?

Yesterday morning I had a small amount of spotting after going to the bathroom. This is my first pregnancy so I immediately panicked and called my doctors office. The nurse told me it was normal and it was more than likely due to hormones or my uterus growing. I was told to take it easy yesterday. I had about the same amount of spotting this morning! I'm having some stretching pains in my side but no cramps or anything like that. I know some people bleed off and on their whole pregnancy and it's just normal for them but seeing it for the first time definitely scared me!

Re: Spotting at nine weeks?

• It is scary, just keep you OB informed and do whatever they see necessary.

BFP 01/05/2013. EDD 09/18/2013. Low Progesterone. Gestational Diabetes. Rh Negative. Baby Ky-Mani born 100% healthy 09/17/2013. TTC#2 12/2013. BFP 02/01/2014! "Baby RaggaMuffin" due 10/07/2014.

• I'm on my feet at work all day so I'm just trying to find opportunities to sit because they weren't happy when I told them I had to leave yesterday per doctors orders. But hopefully it goes away in the afternoon like it did yesterday
  • Loading the player...
  • I had spotting at 9w5d. My doctor was not concerned. She said it may be because the placenta is starting to take over hormone production from the ovaries. She said to call back if the spotting gets worse of I have any pain. That was 5 days ago and I've had no pain and the spotting has stopped.
  • Thank you for sharing that! That makes me feel so much better!! I'm sure it's something like that going on with me!
  • With my first pregnancy I spotted once around 6 weeks and my doctor said it was nothing to be concerned with. This time I spotted at 8 weeks for two days. Again I called my doctor and they said that it was very normal and that as long as it was joined with any pain that everything should be just fine. She told me to rest and relax as much as possible for a day or two and that if the bleeding doesn't stop after 48 hours to call again. I just had a doctor's appt yesterday and everything is fine and going great. Don't stress about it too much, most of the time it's nothing.
  • I've been spotting with my twins at 7 weeks & 4 days. My dr put me on pelvic rest for at least three weeks. In other words, no sex, no strenuous activity, no heavy lifting, and no exercise. Basically enough for me to go to work, do what I need to do, and go home. It will be okay, just keep your doctor up to date on what is going on. 
  • I know a lot of people post about spotting and it's always a scary time. But I'm grateful for these posts :)  I just turned 9 weeks today and I'd like to think I feel prepared in case I experience some spotting. I'm going to hope that as long as it's not heavy bleeding and not paired with pain, that everything is normal... Thanks ladies!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage
  • This morning was third morning I had spotting and today it lasted a little longer with a little bit more bleeding. I'm on my way for an ultrasound now. The nurse said it could be something or it could be nothing. I am on nightly progesterone suppositories and I wonder if that has something to do with it since the bleeding is only in the morning. I'm having some light cramps right now but the bleeding is a pale barely noticeable pink now. I'm hoping for the best but preparing myself for not good news.
  • I hope the ultrasound brings good news
    DH and I Married 11.12.10
    First BPP 1.24.14
    EDD 9.26.14

Baby Cooper John born on 9.24.14 6lbs9oz

• My ultrasound went well! The baby is measuring ahead at 11 weeks instead of almost 10 and the heartrate was 167 bpm! The appointment was only with the tech so still no explication for the morning spotting but I feel a lot better now that I know the baby is ok and growing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"