February 2013 Moms
Options

Double ?? (Bumps and speech)

So is anyone else seeing tiny red dots on their babies face? Possible baby acne? Does this continue for a while? I feel so bad cause I had some pretty annoying skin growing up, but that can't be starting already can it?

Also, does anyone else have a baby who's developing wonderfully but still isn't really saying words yet? Milos says variations of "mom" but that's about it. He can use the word "mom" to have a whole conversation. This is probably normal, yes?

~~** I Love My Boys <3**~~

Re: Double ?? (Bumps and speech)

• Options
    Don't know about the baby bumps, but e barely says mama and Dada too.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    No idea on the skin, but the talking is normal. Kids develop in different areas at different rates. DD1 has been pretty delayed on speech. And then, in November (31 months) she started talking up a storm and I don't think she's had a silent moment since. Just this last week she started using "I" (a big speech milestone) and started clearly separating languages - using English when speaking with me and German with DH. Talk about a word explosion. It's like a word supernova around here. 

DD2, on the other hand, is still not saying anything that can clearly be defined as a word. There are occasional "mama"s but I don't think they're directed at me, and she sometimes says "bop" when she falls while toddling, which she may have gotten from DD1 or may just be a coincidence. That's it, though, other than some babbling and cooing/squealing. I think her official word for "cat" is a high-pitched, 150 decibel squeal.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    JJ has no words (though i SWEAR he said cat several times one day, but he hasn't done it since), but ped said it's normal, especially as he's being raised in a bilingual household. he definitely understands a lot of what we say, but no talking on his end, just lots of babbling.

I like yarn: Learner's Per-knit

Preggo blog: There's No D#$% Stork
  • Options
    Ok so I feel better about the speech thing.

Everyone kept saying the bumps were probably hear rashes. But they are always there. And he got vaccines a week or so ago but isn't it a bit late for a related rash?

I'm sure it's no biggie, otherwise I'd take him to the pedi, but idk. It just bothers me, definately more than it bothers him.

~~** I Love My Boys <3**~~

• Options
    We have mama and dada, and whole lotta nonsense words. That's it. But he's walking and running, and has now tried to undertake climbing up on the furniture. He's almost made it onto the couch. Super fun. So I figure for now that's where his focus and energy are going, and we'll check back at the 15 mo. well child visit to see where things are at. My pedi only asked at the 12 mo. if I see speech patterns, in the sense of he's babbling, making a variety of sounds, appearing to be "talking" to us even though it sounds like gibberish. When I said he was, she was cool with that.
  • Options
    Just a lot of babbling here too. DD used to say mama, but not anymore. She says dada, and she says ba for bye. She points at things and says "waaziz?" So I assume she's asking "what's this?" Occasionally she says hi. That's about it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    No words here.  DD isn't even really communicating by pointing or gesturing.  I have been a little worried about her, hopefully she catches up.  She understands a few words from me.
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
    View Full Size Image

• Options

DS gets little bumps sometimes. I figure it's sometimes acne from the hormones in my milk and sometimes just because he has sensitive skin. If he has a particularly noticable breakout, I'll put some breast milk or coconut oil on it, but it usually clears up on its own.

No words here yet! Not even "mama" with purpose :)

• Options
    @Poppy523 We're right there with you. DS babbles a ton and we thought he might be saying Dada? But nope, just a bunch of jibberish. He WAS pointing and waving, then it got too easy and it stopped. *Sigh* That totally freaked me out, but it coincided with him starting to walk. Met with ped yesterday and he was not concerned at all. Said everything else is not on track, and those skills will start to emerge before we know it. Our guy's just more of  a "do-er" for the moment. Your little one is likely the same way!

Oy - these kiddos know how to keep their concerned Mamas on their toes!

Little T Born 2/26/13
    TTC #2 since August 2014
    BFP #2: 4/15/15 * EDD: 12/19/15 * MMC: 5/7/15
    BFP #3: 7/23/15 * EDD: 3/29/16

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"