February 2014 Moms
Options

No Pavlik Harness :)

So happy! We went to see the pediatric orthopedic guy today and LO does not and probably won't need a Pavlik Harness. The doc was super sweet and explained what we should do to help her hips develop in the right way, but he said 80% of the time the problem will correct itself. We go back for a check in three weeks.

Backstory (cause I don't think I shared it): LO was breech and had some clicking in her left hip. Sometimes, especially if the hip can be dislocated they need to correct this with a device that holds the baby's legs open like a frog.
DD1 - Evelyn Riley - 9/30/11
DD2 - Charlotte Avery - 1/27/14

Re: No Pavlik Harness :)

• Options
    Yay! That is great news! :)

• Options
    Awesome!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Fantastic news!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers  
      Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yay. Great news. We have an ultrasound on his hips next Monday to check for hip displasia. Did your lo have an ultrasound? If so, how was the experience?
  • Options
    @dj- the u/s was just as elf and books described. very low stress and Charlie barely woke up for it. The exam with the doctor was probably worse, although still not that bad. They basically see if they can dislocate the hip joint, which sounds really painful but LO didn't make a peep so I'm guessing it was not!

@elf828 -the doc did say not to swaddle, don't know if your primary already passed that along. He also showed us some stretches to do with her to encourage good results/growth.

• Options
    That's wonderful news, so happy for you and your LO:)
  • Options
    Yay! What great news!

F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    elf828 said:

@mamaallison no one has told me not to swaddle! Her pedi hasn't heard any clicking so maybe that's why but I'm not sure. How do you keep her warm at night if you aren't swaddling?

We do a onesie, cotton sleeper and fleece sleep sack. Her little hands get cold but I've been told not to worry about that. She sleeps pretty well!

• Options
    That's awesome!

PCOS // Loss 3/2010 // Single Mom // Natural Birth // DC Metro // Baby Girl Born 2/2/2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"