February 2013 Moms
Options

S/O Sleeping arrangements

Those of you who have started putting a blanket in with your LO...how did that go lol? DS is still bare in the crib. I'm not looking to start putting blankets and pillows in with him, solely because he seems plenty toasty and comfy without them for now. He also still flops around like a fish bc he can still sleep horizontally and vertically in the crib.  But the few times I did try when it was like, -19 below at night here, he would start playing with the blanket or look at me like, "What the hell is this huge tortilla doing in my bed?"  So I just took it out so he could go to sleep. I'm just thinking that soon (though hard to believe) the ACs will be on and I don't think he'll want to be bare anymore. Do they just play with it until they get understand what it's for? Do you just keep trying until they get bored playing with it and go to sleep? I guess I don't care if he ever wants a blanket if he's comfortable and sleeps well, but I am curious what other LOs did with the new bed mate.  Speak to me.

Re: S/O Sleeping arrangements

• Options
    Maybe I had it easy because both my kids were blanket fiends. At any given minute dd had at least 10 blankets in her bed, most of them some sort of flannel receiving security blankets.

Ds is slightly more picky. He only like one "quilt" type blanket, it's patchwork on one side and the other is a fleece piece. If we try to cover him with something else he freaks out. Then he has his A&A snuggly blanket.

Both needed blankets almost from birth. I swaddled them initially, but when they started breaking free, they would sleep with them.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    I tried putting a blanket in DD's crib the other night and she flipped out. She screamed like she was afraid of it or something. After 2 minutes I went in and took it out, and she went right to sleep. I don't want her to be cold but I guess she'd wake up if she was cold. For now, I'm going with "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sagen said:
    My babe is in a sleep sack, no pillow or blanket yet :)

Same, we will probably use the sleep sack for awhile yet, just like we did with DS2.  I don't think we switched him to a real blanket until he was in his big boy bed (around 2).

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• Options
    We just do a sleep sack or just fleece jammies. DS is the same way in that he sleeps both vertical and horizontal in the crib. I feel like he'll never learn to sleep like a normal person!

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• Options
    DD (2.5 years) has a blanket that she sleeps with every night. She still flops around all the time and more than half the time when I check on her, the blanket isn't even in her. She seems to sleep comfortably without it. I think that we gave her a blanket when she turned 1...just started leaving it in the crib with her.

DS, on other hand, is just by himself - no blanket, toys, etc. He would just eat them, and rip pieces off of them. So until he's out of this phase, he's fine as is! (On a side note DS has been sleeping through the night for 2 weeks now. He has been such a horrible sleeper his whole life, and I am so happy to no longer be getting up 4+ times a night.)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"