December 2012 Moms

Snacks?

We have to send a morning snack, lunch, and an afternoon snack to daycare. For lunch, we normally send dinner leftovers from the night before. I'm starting to run out of ideas for snacks though. She really loves the applesauce packets, but I hate always defaulting to those. Otherwise, we'll sometimes do Nutrigrain bars, graham crackers, bread, etc. Any other ideas? Oh, I should mention raw fruits and veggies are still no-goes.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

Re: Snacks?

• String cheese or cheese sticks are good. My Dd also likes Annie's Bunny Graham's or the cheddar bunnies. Maybe peanut butter crackers?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • I was gonna say muffins like JandAcoffee mentioned. I saw some recipes on pinterest that added carrots and zucchinis which is a good way to get veggies in. In another forum someone mentioned mini quiches which I also thought is a creative lunch idea. Hard boiled eggs might be good too for something different. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • slice of cheese, pureed prunes or other fruit (which gets mixed with oatmeal). LO's meals are not that creative. she usually gets the fruit, breastmilk, yams, and another veggie (steamed broccoli & bell pepper pureed usually goes over well) at day care. Whole wheat mini bagel, or scrambled eggs, or another pureed fruit if in a pinch. Oh and our current favorite is roasted bannanas (peel, bake in foil at 350 for approx 20-40 mins) because they last longer than the bunch sits out on the counter.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @jandacoffee - DD just isn't a fan of raw fruits and veggies yet. I think they might be too hard.

imageimage

• We often send pouches for my son's snacks. It is easy for the day care and it is a great way for us to be sure he is getting whatever he's missing from his meals. For example, these days he's not so into anything green (or many veggies for that matter) but he'll suck down a pouch with ingredients including kale, spinach, peas, carrots, you name it. Ditto days when he needs more protein or dairy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I make my son peanut butter rolls. I cut the crust off a slice of bread, then use a rolling pin to flatten it, spread peanut butter, cut in half and roll them up. he loves then and they aren't messy since the peanut butter is inside the roll. :)
  • I give dd mini gold fish, string cheese, yogurt melts, graham crackers, yogurt, nutrigrain bars, pirates booty, hummus, hmm that all I can think of that's not a fruit or veggie.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Mini peanut butter or cheese crackers, raisins, craisins, dried cherries, veggie sticks (those crunchy chip things), animal crackers, bits of cheese, yogurt with fruit puree and granola, cheerios or any dry cereal, pickles, plain crackers, yogurt melts? DD just got into raisins and other dried fruit. I think it's because we let her have the little box.  

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"