November 2014 Moms
Options

First appointment clicky poll!

BlackBooksBlackBooks member
edited February 2014 in November 2014 Moms
How far along will you be at your first prenatal appointment? Click on whatever you estimate it to be and feel free to AW your appointment date below.
TTC #1 since Oct. 2012 | BFP Feb. 21, 2014!
imageimage

First appointment clicky poll! 126 votes

4-5 weeks
11% 15 votes
5-6 weeks
13% 17 votes
6-7 weeks
16% 21 votes
7-8 weeks
22% 28 votes
8-9 weeks
23% 30 votes
9-10 weeks
5% 7 votes
10-11 weeks
3% 5 votes
11 weeks +
2% 3 votes

Re: First appointment clicky poll!

• Options
    March 19th! I'll be a little over 7 weeks but I'm not confident in my dates. I have an appointment with my gp tomorrow so that I can get my thyroid levels checked.
    TTC #1 since Oct. 2012 | BFP Feb. 21, 2014!
    imageimage
  • Options
    I went in super early to get confirmed and make sure that my prescriptions were all pregnancy approved. First official visit is for 8 weeks :) 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    turtles7turtles7 member
    edited February 2014
    I will be a little over 7 weeks and my appointment is on March 17th. It can't come soon enough!
    Bfp #1: 2/20/2014 Baby girl born on 11/3/2014
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    nov 2014 

• Options
    My drs office prefers I come do a pregnancy confirmation ASAP and then come back at 8 weeks....I'd prefer to wait but that's how they do it.
  • Options
    I'm with an RE so I already went in for blood work and should be getting my first u/s around 6 weeks. I don't get released to a regular OB until 2nd tri

TTC #1 Since January 2013 - BFP 2/20/14 - EDD 11/2/14
    Surprise it's twins!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have an appoint with my RE next week and I'll be between 5 and 6 weeks.
  • Options
    I have a dating ultrasound at 7w2d on march 17. My first visit with my midwife will be 1-2 weeks later.
    Mom to Carter, Kendall, Kiersten and Baby O #4

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I popped into my doctors right away because I needed some blood levels checked, and he told me he wanted me to book a date for my first real appointment... when I queried 8 weeks, he made a noise to indicate he wanted me in much before. We'll see, I haven't actually called the office to book yet. I ovulated a bit late, so that buys me a couple days.
  • Options
    With my first pregnancy they didn't see me until I was 10 weeks. This time they booked me at 8. Same doctor and everything. I'm not complaining though!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My doctor's office sees you between 8-10 weeks. My appt. is March 27 and I will be almost 9 weeks! I had to push it back a few days to find a time DH could be there.
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• Options

They booked me at about 6 weeks, which is more like 7 weeks for the EDD that they'll give me due to LMP.  I was debating skipping the first dating one (because really, does it matter?  The baby will come when it's ready) but I figured since it's my first pregnancy I'd probably better do it all the first time and I'll decide next time if I want to do it again.  My first appointment is on March 10th.

It really doesn't matter unless they have a strict induction policy at your hospital. You want to know your exact edd if they will induce at 5-7 past your edd.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My OB doesn't see people until they are 8-9 weeks. First appointment for March 25th.
  • Options
    My first appt is 3/17 i will be 7 weeks
  • Options
    My first appointment is next Wednesday, March 5th. I'll be 5 weeks and a few days. I am a new patient so I think it is just to get blood work and other check in stuff. 
  • Options
    My first appointment will be a beta and then I'll get near weekly ultrasounds through first trimester because of my loss history
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    ME (26) DH (32) Diagnosis- unexplained recurrent pregnancy loss
    BFP #1 7/12- MC 8w.3d
    BFP #2 10/12- CP 
    BFP #3 1/13 - CP
    BFP #4 8/13- MC 6w3d
    IUI #1 50mg Clomid/Ovidrel 1/13-BFN
    IUI #2 2/14 100MG Clomid/Ovidrel- BFP! grow baby grow

• Options
    around 9 weeks. I just sent in my intake for for the midwives and i'm waiting for a call back
    Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    they booked me for an appointment with a PA at 6 weeks, I'm not really sure what that one is for.
    then at almost 9 weeks I have an appointment with my obgyn. it can't come soon enough!
    our family consists of myself, my wonderful husband and my 3 sweet step-kiddos.
    and this little girl!

• Options
    I'll be going back for my 2nd beta at the RE tomorrow morning - except there's supposed to be a huge snow and ice storm here so it might be delayed until Tuesday. Then they'll schedule my first actual appointment which will be for about 5-6 weeks. 

Formerly Aaren91011
    Trying for baby #1 since July 2013  -  DX: PCOS
    BFP: 2/27/14 - EDD 11/11/14 - MMC 4/21/14 @ 11w (stopped growing @ 9w)
    TTA until January
  • Options
    I called an OB to set up an appointment then found out they won't deliver in the hospital I prefer so I'm still tbd on an appointment. I was told if I moved forward with them they wouldn't see me until 8-10 weeks. Totally jealous of all of you getting in earlier!
    We're welcoming a girl to our family--Audrey Kay!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Married 8.28.10 | Me: 26 DH: 26 | Due with our First | EDD 11.01.14
  • Options
    We aren't seen until 12 weeks here. I have my first appointment with my mid wife for April 24th, but I will be seeing my OB because I have work papers to get filled out by her for my preventive leave. Making the appointment when they open.
  • Options
    Not sure. I will call today.

Question about appointments: which ones/how many are your husbands/babies father planning on going to? Are they going to go with you to your first one? My husband and I were discussing yesterday and didn't really know. Gosh I have a lot to learn since I don't even know how often I will have appointments and what happens at them...

• Options
    sj+cm131 said:

Question about appointments: which ones/how many are your husbands/babies father planning on going to? Are they going to go with you to your first one? My husband and I were discussing yesterday and didn't really know. Gosh I have a lot to learn since I don't even know how often I will have appointments and what happens at them...

With K, DH only came to the anatomy scan and a late ultrasound at 34 weeks. The a/s was scheduled on a day that he was taking off anyway. The other I scheduled during his lunch. He only missed a half hour that day. It will likely be the same this time around.

Your husband can go as often or as few as you two would like. Whatever makes you and YH comfortable. Some ladies on my previous board had their husbands go every appointment.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Just made my 1st appointment, I'll be 7w4d.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Made mine this morning. I will be 11 weeks. Last time, I was 12 weeks. I have any problems before that I am welcome to bump it up.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    sj+cm131 said:
    Not sure. I will call today. Question about appointments: which ones/how many are your husbands/babies father planning on going to? Are they going to go with you to your first one? My husband and I were discussing yesterday and didn't really know. Gosh I have a lot to learn since I don't even know how often I will have appointments and what happens at them...
    DH came to all my appointments when I was pregnant with DS.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I was glad he came to the first appointment with our loss, I was in no shape to drive after getting that news. :(

Every OB office is different, but here's the basic schedule mine follows: https://northlandobgyn.com/faqs/faq_ob/ob_q3.php
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Just made mine for March 31! My husband is going with me since it's our first u/s for our first baby, and in case anything is wrong.
  • Options
    sj+cm131 said:

My husband will come when he can. He will for sure go to the dating u/s and anatomy scan.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

sj+cm131 said:

Not sure about the later ones, but I think we've decided he won't be coming to the 6 week one.  It's mainly for answering questions and getting a list of do's and don'ts, from my understanding.  Well, he thought he wouldn't come until I told him there's a chance we'd hear a heartbeat.  I scheduled it close to a lunch hour, though, so he might come now.  After that, he'll come to the 10-12 week one because that's when we go over family history and such, then after that no idea.  I figure we'll mostly take it appointment by appointment.

At 6 weeks you won't be hearing a heartbeat. It's slightly possible to see it on an u/s though. GL!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    sj+cm131 said:

DH said he will come to every appointment. Let's see if it will continue when there is an appointment almost every week towards the end.
    Bfp #1: 2/20/2014 Baby girl born on 11/3/2014
    Anniversary

nov 2014 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"