May 2014 Moms

Sh*t people say...

I had the chance to work the teller line today.. some people just say the craziest things!

Let's hear it! What are some things people have said to you on the street - at your job - in the grocery store - whatever.

That One Gal From Alaska :)

Re: Sh*t people say...

• Loading the player...
  • I haven't really "looked" pregnant for the majority of this pregnancy but apparently I am finally starting to. Someone at work today told me "wow you REALLY look pregnant today". I know she didn't mean anything hurtful and it didn't really offend me at first until I sat back and said to myself, "did she just say what I think she said?"
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was at a basketball game with my ILs and one of their friends that Ive met only a few times said "are you sure there's only one in there"? Um yes I'm sure. I just got done eating (I always stretch out so much after I eat). And then others tell me how good I look. There's just some shit you don't say!
  • I've gotten the lovely "you must be having a girl your hips and butt are so wide." - this stings since I've Always had wide hips prior to pregnancy and worked really hard to keep any extra weight off my hips (pregnancy is destroying that plan). It feels like people are constantly pointing out my least favorite body part and yelling "look at that!" Ugh.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • cbrust said:
    was checking out at the grocery store the other day, the cashier was an older woman, probably late 50's/early 60's.

cashier: "do you know if it's a boy or girl?" 
    me: "it's a girl."
    cashier: "Do you have a name?" 
    me: "Macie"
    cashier: "oh heavens, I don't like that name at all!"
    me: "well, good thing it's not your child then!" bitch glare
    I'm sorry, but at least it was a stranger.  When I told my Mom, yes my own mother, what we were naming DS she started to cry and said, "well that's awful."
    Oh that's terrible! Yes, that's definitely worse than it coming from a stranger. I'm sorry :/
  • Customer - I see that you are going to be taking a trip to the court house to get hitched!

Me - Excuse me?

Customer - Well, now that you have one on the way your boyfriend is going to have to marry you!

Me - My husband and I have been married for over a year already.

Customer - Starts laughing.

Good lord, who says that? So rude.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • awc1986 said:

KBowen715 said:

"you're belly is not even hard yet. It's still really squishy."

:/

Oh wow. Automatic kick in the vagina for her I think.

Somehow I managed to commit one of the worst grammatical crimes ever....**YOUR belly.

• cbrust said:

was checking out at the grocery store the other day, the cashier was an older woman, probably late 50's/early 60's.

cashier: "do you know if it's a boy or girl?" 
    me: "it's a girl."
    cashier: "Do you have a name?" 
    me: "Macie"
    cashier: "oh heavens, I don't like that name at all!"
    me: "well, good thing it's not your child then!" bitch glare

I'm sorry, but at least it was a stranger.  When I told my Mom, yes my own mother, what we were naming DS she started to cry and said, "well that's awful."

And that's why we aren't telling anyone. Hope your mom got over it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What is wrong with people? Thankfully I work with some classy teachers who know better...but with these hormones I wait for anyone to cross me the wrong way! I love some of these responses I am laughing out loud in public
  • yvanehtniojyvanehtnioj member
    edited February 2014
    From my mom, over the holidays, when I was barely showing:

"You're carrying wide."

Mind you this was the first comment she made about the pregnancy. And it was the first time we had seen each other since my BFP. And it took her an hour to make it. :|

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

• I was with my mom at the store at about 25wks and saw a friend.
    Friend "you're bump is so cute and tiny"
    Mom "oh my gosh she it is huge compared to last time"

Umm wtf?? 1st she lived 1000miles away last time and only saw me in pics, 2nd I am 5 sizes smaller this time than last and all my weight is in my bump, 3rd wtf??

She also told me I was getting chubby in my face and that must be why when holding my iPhone between my cheek and shoulder I sometimes hit buttons. Yeah that has always happened.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I told 2 coworkers that I felt kind of big with my bump.
    Coworker 1: "I think you look pretty small actually."
    Annoying Coworker 2: "Really?! I think she looks HUGE!"
    Yeah, thanks.

My last pregnancy I was at Kohls and the cashier said "Oh, you've dropped! You will probably have the baby soon!" Really? I was 33 weeks (had DD at almost 40 weeks), and how do you know a stranger has "dropped"? I have carried this baby super low the whole time, I don't think this one can drop anymore...

• A co-worker walked into my office yesterday morning to say hi, and then blurted out "holy crap, you got huge over the weekend!" Happy effin' Monday to you too!
    image May '14 Siggy challenge
  • I get the are you having twins comment a lot, then when I say no they ask if I'm sure...

"You look three times bigger than when I saw you two days ago"
    My response- don't ever say that to a pregnant woman again.

A patient asked me if my butt was getting bigger.
    Another patient said to me ' you must have been fooling around!'
  • danabsd said:
    Not my story but MH's friends sister has Irish twins they're 13 months apart (ummm...yikes!), 2 little boys. She was walking with them in the double stroller and a women walks up to her and asks "Can I hold the dwarf twin?" She was floored. But seriously, WTF?

Just som many odd things going on there. 
    OMG. The lack of tact of some people. Wow.

One of my FB friends has Irish twins. They're exactly 1 year and 1 day apart. More power to her but I couldn't.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"