September 2012 Moms

GTKY: Par-tay with S12

We've talked birthday parties, but if you were going to throw a party and invite S12:

What kind of shindig would you throw?

Theme?  No theme?

Dress Code?  Theme Costumes?  Black tie?  Nudist colony?

What's your signature drink?

Your signature appetizer/party food/dessert?

We're all on your guest list, but who do you think would have the most fun/be the most fun/enjoy your party the most?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: GTKY: Par-tay with S12

• MrsKipperMrsKipper member
    edited February 2014
    I'm so not a party planner and I'm an even worse party hostess. I wouldn't be a very fun party and the food probably wouldn't be very good...unless I got catering.

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • MrsKipper said:
    I'm so not a party planner and I'm an even worse party hostess. I wouldn't be a very fun party and the food probably wouldn't be very good...unless I got catering.
    I'll plan your menu ;)
  • OMG I love this gtky. I absolutely LOVE throwing parties.

--------

What kind of shindig would you throw? Not sure. It would develop/emerge as I planned. It would be indoors though. A. I hate the outside. B. no weather concerns

Theme?  No theme? Absolutely a theme. You can't NOT have a theme, lol. Even the color of plates, for example, needs a theme.

Dress Code?  Theme Costumes?  Black tie?  Nudist colony? I was actually thinking I'd invite s12, including s12babies, meaning no dress code. If it was JUST the parents, I'd do black tie.

What's your signature drink? Well, I don't drink alcohol, so something bubbly and fruity.

Your signature appetizer/party food/dessert? Not sure. Probably something catered to the kids, like pigs in a blanket (crescent roll hotdogs)

We're all on your guest list, but who do you think would have the most fun/be the most fun/enjoy your party the most? No idea. Hopefully everyone, since it would be catered to the parents AND kids.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Hyaline said:
    We've talked birthday parties, but if you were going to throw a party and invite S12:

What kind of shindig would you throw? A big outdoor thing.

Theme?  No theme?  No theme.  

Dress Code?  Theme Costumes?  Black tie?  Nudist colony?  Casual attire.

What's your signature drink?  Brandy old fashioned.  I do live in Wisconsin. ;-)

Your signature appetizer/party food/dessert? Sticking with the Wisconsin theme we'd have all kinds of delicious things...brats, cheese curds, cherry pies, Rumchata, etc.  All Wisconsin things!

We're all on your guest list, but who do you think would have the most fun/be the most fun/enjoy your party the most?

I assume everyone would have fun! :-)

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Hyaline said:

What kind of shindig would you throw? A big outdoor thing.

Theme?  No theme?  No theme.  

Dress Code?  Theme Costumes?  Black tie?  Nudist colony?  Casual attire.

What's your signature drink?  Brandy old fashioned.  I do live in Wisconsin. ;-)

Your signature appetizer/party food/dessert? Sticking with the Wisconsin theme we'd have all kinds of delicious things...brats, cheese curds, cherry pies, Rumchata, etc.  All Wisconsin things!

I assume everyone would have fun! :-)

Mmmmmm. Cheese curd.  Can cheese curd be shipped?  I need some.  
  • danabsddanabsd member
    edited February 2014
    What kind of shindig would you throw? Indoor/outdoor Big Fat Greek Taverna Night.

Theme?  No theme? Greek. Duh. Lot's of blue and white.  Obnoxiously Greek decorations.  We go all out for parties 'round these parts.  And I love themes. 

Dress Code?  Theme Costumes?  Black tie?  Nudist colony?  Beach casual, nothing black tie but nicer than jeans.

What's your signature drink?  Full bar.  Lot's 'o wine.  Big barrels of it.  And Ouzo if anyone actually wants to drink that.

Your signature appetizer/party food/dessert?  Lamb on a spit.

We're all on your guest list, but who do you think would have the most fun/be the most fun/enjoy your party the most?  @Banich4eva already promised to get drunk.  And nude.  Wait, whaattt? ;)

• Hyaline said:

BBQ!
    Theme?  No theme?
    I would throw a Fourth of July party!

Your most patriotic get up, and stuff you can go boating in.

Beer and sangria

Smoked brisket, mac n cheese, potato salad, fruit salad, veggie platter, corned bread, baked beans, three bean salad, deviled eggs, for dessert home made ice cream whoopie pies. Poke cake with a whipped cream top covered in fruit arranged like the flag,
    I think me, bunking and red neck would probably have the best time. Also anyone who likes boating/tubing/jet skiing/hanging out on the water.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • @hmp1 TN is one of the only states I would leave NY for. I love it :)
  • @hmp Woodford Reserve is my fav!  Have you been to the distillery?  It's adorable.  They have a distillery cat.
  • This post is such a tease.  I want to go to ALL of these parties.
  • Ok.... I started to plan my party. I'll just say it's in a cabin in Nashville and there's a lot of hanging out, beer pong, and laughing for a casual ladies night.

Or if it's in my town, it's a ton of appetizers and cocktails at home, dressed cute in jeans and feeling fabulous, have fun mingling and getting liquored up on a variety of martinis, with a finale if heading to the historic downtown bars for complete debauchery.

I'm dozing off for a 930 bedtime haha.... I'll dream about @hmp1's fried green tomatoes. YUM!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • miss50miss50 member
    edited February 2014
    Hyaline said:

What kind of shindig would you throw?  Sleep over.  Lots of drinks.  Lots of games.  

Theme?  I'd try and find the most unmatched decorations and make a big huge giant baby shower.  Every tacky 20 year old decoration I could find.

Dress Code?  Theme Costumes?  Black tie?  Nudist colony?  Jammies.  Bonus points for foo ties jammies.

What's your signature drink?  A keg.  That counts right?

Your signature appetizer/party food/dessert?  I'd have my favorite bakery bring fresh baked donuts for the morning.  I'd hire my step daughter to bring Taco Bell at 2 am.  

We're all on your guest list, but who do you think would have the most fun/be the most fun/enjoy your party the most?  @willy_gert because she would just totally live it up.  @marisakathleen would be wild.  I just know it.

• We've talked birthday parties, but if you were going to throw a party and invite S12:

Party at the lake house

Theme?  No theme?
    No theme

Casual

Pinapple Mojitos

Cake Truffles

No idea. Whoever is the most outgoing and will help get the party going

• Hyaline said:
    @hmp Woodford Reserve is my fav!  Have you been to the distillery?  It's adorable.  They have a distillery cat.
    I've been to Woodford Reserve!  And oddly enough, I was thinking about it in the shower this morning.

• We've talked birthday parties, but if you were going to throw a party and invite S12:

I think I would throw a party where it was inside and outside and all kinds of awesome!

Theme?  No theme?

The theme would be S12 of course!  

Nudy at night.... I kid, I kid.  Just comfortable and what makes you feel pretty.

I would do the whole jello shot thing, all kinds of them, because that is what makes me think of friends and fun.  Also a shit ton of Cupcake Moscato wine.

I would probably make everything, but I get the most compliments on my cakes.  So I would make a lot of them.

I think I would have fun with everyone.  If I have to name names specifically, I would honestly really like to meet @nita2603 @loislayn23 and @tinyhumantoe .  Hell who am I kidding, I would love to meet all of you!

come on out to the farm and party we've got acres upon acres and plenty of stuff to burn!

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• eshee8198eshee8198 member
    edited February 2014

I'd probably do a backyard bonfire/clambake (it is New England, after all). We have a sweet space for backyard parties - we do a big bonfire out back and grill food on the deck. Tiki torches abound. Plus there's plenty of spaces for tents and pop-ups, so you can drink to your heart's content and pass out under the stars. Like camping with the benefit of indoor plumbing.

Theme?  No theme?
    I think clambake is enough of a theme. And booze. That's a theme, right?

That's just crazy talk.

I make a kick ass sangria in the summer, and a homemade Vermontucky Lemonade (fresh squeezed lemonade, maple syrup and bourbon). Plus we usually have a couple small kegs of craft beer. There's never a shortage of booze...

My go to for parties is cream cheese-hot sauce-tequila dip with sweet potato chips. Everything else I leave up to the hubby to grill so I can relax and entertain. Oooh...and I do a fab big batch Israeli cous cous side dish.

redneckmomma25 and @bunkinmama would appreciate our country setting and laid back atmosphere. I think @BPer, @MommaP12, and THT could get down with our free-flowing sangria and ladies only 80s rap hour dance break in the kitchen. It's a staple at the eshee shindigs.
  • danabsd said:
    What kind of shindig would you throw? Indoor/outdoor Big Fat Greek Taverna Night.

Theme?  No theme? Greek. Duh. Lot's of blue and white.  Obnoxiously Greek decorations.  We go all out for parties 'round these parts.  And I love themes. 

Dress Code?  Theme Costumes?  Black tie?  Nudist colony?  Beach casual, nothing black tie but nicer than jeans.

What's your signature drink?  Full bar.  Lot's 'o wine.  Big barrels of it.  And Ouzo if anyone actually wants to drink that.

Your signature appetizer/party food/dessert?  Lamb on a spit.

We're all on your guest list, but who do you think would have the most fun/be the most fun/enjoy your party the most?  @Banich4eva already promised to get drunk.  And nude.  Wait, whaattt? ;)

My DH is weirdly obsessed with Ouzo. And gyros.
  • Hyaline said:
    @hmp Woodford Reserve is my fav!  Have you been to the distillery?  It's adorable.  They have a distillery cat.
    We are going next month for DH's birthday :)

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• auroraloo said:
    I must try this. Would it be tacky to bring 2u2 to the liquor store?
    My local wine store knows James by name and asks about him if we don't bring him. I say, not tacky.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• What kind of shindig would you throw? Party on the beach

Theme? No theme? Island theme with steel drum band

Dress Code?  Theme Costumes?  Black tie?  Nudist colony? Casual -- bare feet, sundress sort of clothing

What's your signature drink? pina colada

Your signature appetizer/party food/dessert? jerk chicken and shrimp, lots of fancy salads -- veggies, pasta, etc, fresh fruit, ice cream bar with all the toppings

We're all on your guest list, but who do you think would have the most fun/be the most fun/enjoy your party the most? Whoever likes to talk, drink and dance

• MelsaX said:
    Oh man, my party would probably suck, haha. Obviously I'd just do a typical New Zealand BBQ for everyone. Then make everyone drink disgusting beer that all the bogans around here love in front of a bonfire. Dress code would be singlets, stubbies and jandals. New Zealand farm chic. Signature drink would be my favourite, whiskey sours. Totally doesn't fit the theme, but oh well. If we are going with my hideously tacky Kiwiana theme it'd be Tui (cheap beer that tastes like piss strained through a sock). Or I could be nice and supply all the amazing craft beers that New Zealand has to offer. Signature dish, I don't think I actually have one. I would make an amazing pavlova with fresh fruit and cream, so good.
    Am I the only one that has no idea what to wear to @MelsaX 's party? Yes please on the whiskey sours.  
    Ooooh one of my favorite desserts was my grandma's pavlova.  Do you eat lamingtons in NZ? That's my all-time favorite forever dessert in the entire universe.  And I will book a flight for a NZ get-together this afternoon if you make those!

• MommaP12MommaP12 member
    edited February 2014
    I'm late to the party - pun intended.  Darn work!

@eshee you had me at 80s rap party.  I am dangerous with a microphone.

What kind of shindig would you throw?  an 80s or 90s theme!

Theme?  No theme?  Oh.  See above.

Dress Code?  Theme Costumes?  Black tie?  Nudist colony?   You best break out your cavaricci's, shirts with the glitter stuff spun it/puffy paint, french roll your pants.  Oh Snap.

What's your signature drink?  Hmmm, something with rum.

Your signature appetizer/party food/dessert?   Oh man, so many to list.  a million desserts - pretzel raspberry dish, cupcakes, pretzels with hershey kisses and m&ms on them, Heath cheesecake.  Food wise, pizza and other easy food.

We're all on your guest list, but who do you think would have the most fun/be the most fun/enjoy your party the most?   Hmmm.  Tinyhumantoe, Eshee, Eastie, Melody, Toni, Cheenomae, MomtobeNJ....Errrrrbuddy really!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• pharmer78 said:
    MelsaX said:
    Oh man, my party would probably suck, haha. Obviously I'd just do a typical New Zealand BBQ for everyone. Then make everyone drink disgusting beer that all the bogans around here love in front of a bonfire. Dress code would be singlets, stubbies and jandals. New Zealand farm chic. Signature drink would be my favourite, whiskey sours. Totally doesn't fit the theme, but oh well. If we are going with my hideously tacky Kiwiana theme it'd be Tui (cheap beer that tastes like piss strained through a sock). Or I could be nice and supply all the amazing craft beers that New Zealand has to offer. Signature dish, I don't think I actually have one. I would make an amazing pavlova with fresh fruit and cream, so good.
    Am I the only one that has no idea what to wear to @MelsaX 's party? Yes please on the whiskey sours.  
    Ooooh one of my favorite desserts was my grandma's pavlova.  Do you eat lamingtons in NZ? That's my all-time favorite forever dessert in the entire universe.  And I will book a flight for a NZ get-together this afternoon if you make those!
    @pharmer78 This is all I can think of when I see the word singlet:

• Or this could make @MelsaX's party even better.

• MommaP12 said:

Dress Code?  Theme Costumes?  Black tie?  Nudist colony?   You best break out your cavaricci's, shirts with the glitter stuff spun it/puffy paint, french roll your pants.  Oh Snap.

Your signature appetizer/party food/dessert?   Oh man, so many to list.  a million desserts - pretzel raspberry dish, cupcakes, pretzels with hershey kisses and m&ms on them, Heath cheesecake.  Food wise, pizza and other easy food.

We're all on your guest list, but who do you think would have the most fun/be the most fun/enjoy your party the most?   Hmmm.  Tinyhumantoe, Eshee, Eastie, Melody, Toni, Cheenomae, MomtobeNJ....Errrrrbuddy really!  
    If you have a 90s party, you better serve Jolly Zimas! (Zima with Jolly Ranchers for you young people)

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• hmp1 said:
    MommaP12 said:

If you have a 90s party, you better serve Jolly Zimas! (Zima with Jolly Ranchers for you young people)
    LOL!  Jolly Zimas is what we aspired to drink when I was younger.  It's what my friend's "Cool" Aunt and Uncle drank.  Still have yet to have one, but this made me laugh!

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• hmp1 said:
    MommaP12 said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  They will be served fo sho!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• pharmer78 said:
    MelsaX said:
    @pharmer78 This is all I can think of when I see the word singlet:

I have destroyed all the pics of me wearing these (rower, not wrestler) - seriously, who thought they were a good idea?

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"