Trouble TTC

RE Recommendation in NYC Area?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good RE in the NYC area?

I want someone THOROUGH who will explore all avenues and tests before jumping into Clomid, and who will EXPLAIN the different options.  Bonus points if they are good at billing things so insurance will cover them.

We'll be living in Manhattan, but willing to travel anywhere in the greater NYC area for a good doc.

Thanks in advance!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
image image
TTC since October 2012
Me:  Ovulatory dysfunction, hypothyroid.  DH:  Normal!
Treatment:  Levothyroxine for thyroid; starting Clomid early 2015.
PAIF/SAIF All Welcome!

Re: RE Recommendation in NYC Area?

• I see Dr. Knochenhauer in Staten Island. I would definitely recommend him. He always takes the time to sit down and explain things. He is the type of doctor that you either love or hate. He's very blunt, but I appreciate that. I don't want someone to beat around the bush or evasive. You mostly deal with his staff, but I trust his guidance and treatment.
  • @mann620 we go to the same clinic. My dr. Is your doctor's partner lol.

Me and DH: 32, TTC since 2/2012
    Dx: lean PCOS, low hormone levels, 2 CP's before seeing RE, MTHFR heterozygous
    IUI #1 with clomid and ovidrel: BFN
    IUI #2 with clomid (unresponsive), femara, ovidrel and novarel: Possible CP
    IUI #3 with femara, ovidrel and novarel: BFN
    IUI #4 with Follistim (115 iu) and ovidrel= BFN, developed OHSS, benched- 2 weeks of birth control pills
    IUI #5 with Follistim (75iu) and ovidrel= BFN........Taking a medication break for a few months
    IUI #6 with Follistim (75iu) every other day, femara and Lupron trigger= BFN
    *Taking a long break to get healthy and research/prepare for IVF*
    Goal: gain 5 lbs, gluten/dairy/soy/nut free
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    3T June Siggy Challenge- Celebrity Crush: Woody Harrelson
  • Loading the player...
  • This has me curious...wondering if anybody goes to the Washington, DC Shady grove Fertility?
    ME (26) DH (32) Diagnosis- unexplained recurrent pregnancy loss
    BFP #1 7/12- MC 8w.3d
    BFP #2 10/12- CP 
    BFP #3 1/13 - CP
    BFP #4 8/13- MC 6w3d
    IUI #1 50mg Clomid/Ovidrel 1/13-BFN
    IUI #2 2/14 100MG Clomid/Ovidrel- BFP! grow baby grow

• @jadziadax what a small world! I'm originally from Staten Island and moved to bayonne so I travel over the bridge to see him too : | but they are very good
  • @MAnn620 They have an office in NJ as well but I don't know much about NJ. The Staten Island office is actually much nicer. I love my Dr. too and the staff there is amazing but i'm taking a bit of a break before committing to IVF. 

@bocaburger I would recommend my Dr. in Staten Island, Dr. Traub. He's been really great to work with and I'm going to continue treatment with him. I just wish I could tell you I was a success story but unfortunately I can't. 

Me and DH: 32, TTC since 2/2012
    Dx: lean PCOS, low hormone levels, 2 CP's before seeing RE, MTHFR heterozygous
    IUI #1 with clomid and ovidrel: BFN
    IUI #2 with clomid (unresponsive), femara, ovidrel and novarel: Possible CP
    IUI #3 with femara, ovidrel and novarel: BFN
    IUI #4 with Follistim (115 iu) and ovidrel= BFN, developed OHSS, benched- 2 weeks of birth control pills
    IUI #5 with Follistim (75iu) and ovidrel= BFN........Taking a medication break for a few months
    IUI #6 with Follistim (75iu) every other day, femara and Lupron trigger= BFN
    *Taking a long break to get healthy and research/prepare for IVF*
    Goal: gain 5 lbs, gluten/dairy/soy/nut free
    3T June Siggy Challenge- Celebrity Crush: Woody Harrelson
  • sent you a PM :) 
  • My sister in law used New Hope Fertility Clinic in NYC and loved them. They were part of a trial that they had and became successful after their second IVF round.

**June Celebrity Crush**
    imageimage

~*~*~ ALL ARE WELCOME & GREATLY APPRECIATED~*~*~

TTC since October 2012

Went to OBGYN in August 2013-Referred us to UCONN RE in September 2013

Me (31):  Blood / Ultrasound / HSG / SIS- All Great  -  DH (32): SA is very low

DH met with Urologist nothing is "wrong" just very low count and low mobility

RE 1st Consult October 31, 2013 - Male Infertility Dx.

RE Appointment on 1/15/14-Decided on 1st IUI

IUI Cycle #1-Clomid 50mg 2/14-BFN

We decided to take a break for 3/14-4/14

IUI Cycle #2-Clomid 50 mg 5/9-BFN

IUI Cycle #3-(RE Office called us in for a back to back IUI for another SA) 5/12-BFN

*Husband's count is still very low post wash however after 4+ months on supplements, vitamins, and a healthy lifestyle (aka no beer)  his mobility has doubled! I am very happy for him, small victories!

May 2014-RE wants us to progress to IVF as 3 failed IUI's.

IVF Seminar meeting on 6/12 & then meeting with RE on 7/9 to come up with our plan for our miracle baby!

• Thank you everyone!
    image image
    TTC since October 2012
    Me:  Ovulatory dysfunction, hypothyroid.  DH:  Normal!
    Treatment:  Levothyroxine for thyroid; starting Clomid early 2015.
    PAIF/SAIF All Welcome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"