Trouble TTC

17 inch follicle cd 11- ovulate when?

So we have been ttc for 2 years, we are currently in our monitoring cycle with our RE. During my monitoring this month I had a 17mm follicle on cd11, doc was confident I would ovulate in the next couple days, any idea of how big they grow before ovulation and what rate they grow at? AF was supposed to arrive Sunday or Monday if basing it on my norm 28 day cycle and notta. My luteal phase tends to be no more than 14 days and I'm wondering what the issue is and where af is. If I ovulated between days 11-14 I should have started by now. Any info on follicle growth and at what point ovulation occurs would be wonderful. I'm going a little bonkers over here. Also no meds this cycle... Just good ole fashion natural :) Tia

Re: 17 inch follicle cd 11- ovulate when?

• They grow from 1-2 mm a day and 18 is considered a mature follicle but they can grow into the mid 20's still before ovulation so it's hard to tell just based on that.

Me: 32  DH: 33  Married: March 2004

July 2006: started TTC
    2008: HSG (normal), couple rounds of clomid through gyno
    2008 - 2010: dragging my feet out of fear and procrastination
    October 2010: first consultation with RE, dx PCOS and fibroids (DH slightly low count/motility)
    Oct. 2010 - Dec. 2012:  In DENIAL! avoided the issue because I was scared of surgery
    January 2013: returned to RE, fibroids grew significantly
    February 2013: second HSG, fibroids pushed on tubes which blocked them somewhat
    March 2013: MRI to determine what type of surgery may be necessary

July 29, 2013: fibroids (5) removed via robotic laparascopy
    August 2013 - Nov 2013 : benched due to recent surgery

IUI #1, Dec. 24, 2013, BFN 
    IUI #2, Jan. 25, 2014, BFN
    IUI #3, Feb. 25, 2014  BFN
    IUI #4 canceled due to lack of response to letrozole
    IUI #4.1 April 28, 2014, BFN

May 16, 2014: wtf consult, start prepping for IVF in June and add injects for one last IUI in the meantime
    IUI #5 started letrozole and bravelle but canceled after HSG led to new diagnosis

May 21, 2014: third HSG, tubes blocked, one at the beginning, one hydrosalpinx??
    June 11, 2014: consult, approved to move on to IVF because the hydro is not completely blocked therefore allowing fluid to move through slowly rather than backwards
    IVF #1 August 8, 2014 - 3dt of 2 embryos, BFN
    September 17, 2014 - 4th HSG, the right tube is very patent (open!!) dye went straight through this time. Weird!
    October 2, 2014 - started metformin treatment
    November 14, 2014 - blood work, brought A1C down from 5.8 to 5.5

November 26, 2014 - RE finally back from vaca and reviewed my chart, no more IVFs for rest of calendar year
    December 1, 2014 - Right after Thanksgiving, I called a new clinic and got in right away! Plan for IVF
    December 17, 2014 - ER! 29 retrieved (!!), 16 mature, all 16 fertilized (ICSI)

IVF #2 December 20, 2014 - 3dt of 3 embryos, BFN

We are done with treatment unsuccessfully. :(

PAIF/SAIF/All Welcome!

image    image
  • Thanks for the response I had cd21 blood work and had ovulated by then, but of course they could not tell me when. I do not feel my normal af achy and crampy, so I'm not sure what the heck is going on.
  • Loading the player...
  • We are just being monitored at this point, ensuring levels are where they should be throughout my cycle. I misspoke they did do bloodwork 7 days after they confirmed I had a 17mm follicle. So I'm not certain that it was 7days exactly past ovulation as I was not monitored between those two appointments. I believe the process varies from the stateside processes when being monitored overseas. I am still new to educating myself with the entire process so I apologize if what I said came across as uneducated.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"