November 2012 Moms

Feeling like a grown up

We're applying for a loan for our first home! We are very excited and nervous and stressed. But I can't wait to see Benjamin running around in our very own yard. We've wanted this for a long time now. We won't be in exactly the area we want but by branching out, we can actually afford to buy a home.
Any words of wisdom? DH is kinda stressed cause we've got to submit our paperwork and it's hard since he doesn't have time at work to do any of this. And 2 houses we've been looking at are already in escrow after coming on the market like last week! We are excited though! Eventually it'll be the right one for us. Plus, our neighbor ended up buying our current condo for his parents and will let us out of our lease with no penalties. So we could be moving soon if we find something! Yahoo!!!
Feels so good to see DH so happy and proud to do this for his family. Especially after everything we've been through the last few months.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker
imageimage

Re: Feeling like a grown up

• That's awesome!!!  DH and I sold our house last summer (his before we were married) and bought our first one together last August.  My biggest advice is to be patient and know that the right house will come along.  Happy house hunting!! 

• The paperwork for getting a loan is a pain... but it's so worth it to buy your own place. I feel very grown-up now that I owe hundreds of thousands :-P 
  • Loading the player...

• Congrats!  The process is stressful, but well worth it!  Hang in there.

Wickedly nice Step Mom to JJ since 5/2/09
    Born 7/26/01-- Adopted 3/6/02

Two and a Half Years, Too Many Treatments, One Precious Miracle
    Abby born 11/5/12 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Congrats.  I love owning our own home and being able to make changes to make it "us".   The process is  a pain, but totally worth it! 
  • That's so exciting! Good luck to you all, I'm sure you'll find a great place :)
  • Take your time! YOUR house is out there waiting for you! Don't think about the ones you liked that are gone, they just werent the right ones!

Good luck! 
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Good luck - buying a first home is an exciting thing! 

image   My chart 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"