January 2013 Moms
Options

Today's nap is terrible

DD usually wakes up between 8 and 9 each morning. She goes down for a nap around 1pm and sleeps until 3:30 or 4pm. Not today. She was grumpy and refused to nap until 4:30.

I couldn't keep her awake, she passes out on the floor. If I let her sleep for two hours, bedtime will happen around midnight, which is unacceptable. But, will I be rewarded for waking her up at 5:30 with an angry, screaming kid with a bedtime of who knows?

Sorry for the silly question, but this has never happened. Her naps are so predictable. Ugh!'
Our little Samosa arrives in January!

Re: Today's nap is terrible

• Options
    I always just lay DD down for bed at the same time, no matter when her last nap ended and we've never had a problem with that.
  • Options
    I have found that DS rarely will nap after 4. I think in your situation I would have tried to let her sleep for only an hour.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am the same as @thisdecaflife for the most part. Sometimes I will push bedtime by max an hour but that's only when his last nap ends within 1 hour of bed time because he likes to have his nightly dinner, play, bath, book routine.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"