Breastfeeding

Carlson Vitamin D Drops

Hi Ladies,

I apologize in advance if this is stupid. Based on the recommendation of the board, I bought the Carlson Vitamin D drops. Is there a trick to this bottle though or is mine defective? How do you give the drop? I am vigorously shaking the bottle over the sink and am barely get anything out. I guess I expected to see a large drop come out but that's just not happening. Are these microscopic drops really it or is my bottle not working right?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Carlson Vitamin D Drops

• Just hold it upside down for about 15 to 30 seconds and 1 drop will fall out. You have to hold it straight, if you shake it or tilt it, the drop will stop falling out. The drop is definitely visible.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I went through the same thing at first! Then I realized I needed to get eye level with it and hold it straight like PP said for a few seconds and wait for it. It's slow but I think that's to ensure only one comes out.

photo b2867ff1-04fd-412f-991f-a3e09638ec0f_zps4503f4a7.jpg 

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you!! I obviously wasn't patient enough and kept shaking it. I feel dumb now, lol.

I assume everyone just puts a drop on their finger and put into LO's mouth then?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thank you!! I obviously wasn't patient enough and kept shaking it. I feel dumb now, lol.

I assume everyone just puts a drop on their finger and put into LO's mouth then?

Yes, that's what I did.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I put a drop above my nipple as baby is about to latch. But now that I think about it a drop on the finger seems way easier!
    Baby Girl Cbowl born 12/2013.   Love love love.

• mommatotwo2mommatotwo2 member
    edited February 2014
    I put the drop straight on the nipple, but a finger would work fine! Once she started solids I put the drop on a spoonful of food.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I put a drop on his pacifier.
  • I add a drop to one of the bottles of breast milk I send to her DCP each day. On the weekends I put a drop in her solids or on my finger.
    DS: 2/17/11          DD: 9/4/13
  • I love that the baby only takes 1 drop. I also like that you can just put it right to the nipple in a small amount, so I don't have to deal with a sticky mess. Great little supplement. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"