Infertility

Hemorrhagic (stable) cyst while stimming?

Hi ladies!

Just got back from my baseline appointment and got my blood results and everything was a green light for going forward to start stims on Thu.

The only thing that has me concerned is this annyoing cyst I have on my left ovary. Apparently it's hemorrhagic meaning stable and hasn't changed in size since my eval in Nov, but it still is worrying me. The Dr. is fine going forward I guess because it hasn't changed at all. But the nurse explained that there were 5 follicles on the right side but that they didn't see any on the left!

So first question is if anyone has had something similar? The nurse said there could be more follicles there but that they just can't see them because of the cyst being in the way. But none on the one side has me worried!

More worried is that I'm scared it's going to rupture. Have any of you ladies gone forward with a cycle when there's a cyst there? I guess if my doctor's not worried I shouldn't be but I am! He has me on the highest dose meds since I'm DOR so I guess that's why I'm concerned.

Thanks for any insight ladies!

dream 1 CAME TRUE 2.13.2010

<dream 2> 12.2011

2.10.12 : 4 weeks

6.17.12 : 10 weeks

10.10.12 : 4 weeks, 6 days

12.13.12 : 9 weeks, 1 day

4.6.13 : 4 weeks, 4 days

10.27.13 : 5 weeks, 6 days

4.2.14 (IVF #1) : 4 weeks, 1 day

6.19.14 : IVF #2 Negative

</dream 2>

resolve.org

AMA, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, heterozygous MTHFR

"all it was was a fairytale and devotion to a dream"

lyrics

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
***All always welcome!!***

Re: Hemorrhagic (stable) cyst while stimming?

• I have cysts right now and was originally told I would have to do BCP, but then dr changed his mind due to blood work. I am currently good to go despite the cysts
    ===siggy warning====
    Me: 40, DH: 42
    Diagnosis: PCOS
    TTC: May 2013
    TX: IUI #1 with Follistim. Canceled due to too many follicles (10 + that were large); BENCHED
    IVF #1 March 6. 14 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilized. 
    March 11, 4 eggs transferred.
    March 21 BFP  :) Beta #1 457, Beta #2 1350, Beta #3 9619. 
    Due Date November 27, 2014
    TEAM BLUE

• I had a cyst at baseline, it was a regular fluid one but my doc said that having a cyst would inhibit the growth of follicles in the affected ovary.  For me they drained mine prior to starting stims.

As a side note, I had a hemmoragic cyst that grew and ruptured last spring and that was SO incredibly painful. 

I wish you luck. 
    Me 39, DH 40
    Male Factor (severe oligospermia) 
    IVF#1-December 2013: Conversion Protocol @ SIRM, Canceled on day 10 of stims due to poor response
    IVF#2- February 2014:  Estrogen Priming Conversion Protocol @ SIRM (ER 2/22: (9R, 7M, 4F, All arrested, nothing to trasnfer)
    IUI#1-May 28, 2014- 100mg clomid, HCG Trigger, 100mg progesterone oral--BFN
    IUI#2-June 24, 2014- non medicated, HCG 2,500mg x 4 doses (over a week), Endometrium- BFN
    Suprise BFP- September 1, 2014- miscarriage at 5 weeks. 

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you so much.

@indianaalum - you're the second person now who's mentioned that it seems like if the blood work is showing okay levels that it's okay to move ahead. This is what my nurse said as well so I'm trying to take comfort in that. Good luck as you go forward!

@keziah23 - I am worried about the ovary getting in the way and also the rupture possibility - so I kind of wish he would just get rid of it before we go forward. But at the same time I know I need to trust what his recommendation is. I'm still going to take it wayyy easy. I guess he's hoping that the right ovary follicles will be enough to get some good eggs.

Thank you again!

<dream 2> 12.2011

</dream 2>

resolve.org

AMA, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, heterozygous MTHFR

"all it was was a fairytale and devotion to a dream"

lyrics

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ***All always welcome!!***

• katib77katib77 member
    edited February 2014
    I remember on TTCAL you said yours was not as large as mine.  Did they give you the size of it?  Remember that your follies will grow to over 16mm for the mature ones - and if I've seen ladies here with 30+ follies, I can't imagine that your ovary will be too compromised if they're wanting to move forward.
    ETA: KWIM?  If there are women with one ovary with like 12 follies over 16mm large, that's a lot of space being taken up! 

I hope it has shrinks quickly, and that by the time you have your first monitoring apt they cannot even tell which follie is a follie and which is the cyst.  Good luck!

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• katib77 said:
    I remember on TTCAL you said yours was not as large as mine.  Did they give you the size of it?  Remember that your follies will grow to over 16mm for the mature ones - and if I've seen ladies here with 30+ follies, I can't imagine that your ovary will be too compromised if they're wanting to move forward.
    ETA: KWIM?  If there are women with one ovary with like 12 follies over 16mm large, that's a lot of space being taken up! 

I hope it has shrinks quickly, and that by the time you have your first monitoring apt they cannot even tell which follie is a follie and which is the cyst.  Good luck!
    Thank you so much my friend!  That does definitely help put things in perspective for me.  I am not 100% sure but I thought he said the size was 3mm across and less than that wide.  And actually, know that you're putting it into this perspective, that doesn't seem very big at all compared to the size the follies are going to be.

Man!!  I knew they were going to get big but... holy crow that is big.  And I guess when I think about this being only 3mm compared to the size the follies will get - it's not that big.

Thank you again for the reassurance!!

<dream 2> 12.2011

</dream 2>