January 2013 Moms

Time Between Last Nap and Bedtime

I think that teething is throwing off DS's bedtime. He has been waking up between 5-6 a.m. and he used to wake up at 7:30. I tried to put him to bed earlier last night, but it seemed to make everything worse. To his credit, he naps like a pro during the day.

Could you share the timeframe between your LO's last nap and bedtime? I was under the impression that they can't go for more than four hours, but I think he can probably go five hours.

TIA!

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Re: Time Between Last Nap and Bedtime

• For us, it's between 3.5-4.5 hours. It depends on how long of a second nap he takes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 4 or 5 hours.
    IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP, DS born Jan 2013
    IVF/ICSI #2 - BFP, DD born Feb 2015
    IVF FET - BFP, due April 2017

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you so much, ladies! It sounds like teething is really screwing up many of our schedules.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• she can go 6ish hours but it's not always pretty.  She's always up from nap at daycare 1/1:30 and goes to bed at 7.

Yesterday we were out so she was up from 12 to 7!  She got a little cranky but she made it.

William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • When he was still napping in the infant room  at DC he napped 12-3/3:30 and then went to bed 7/7:30 so 4-4.5 hours.  
    Then he started to transition to the toddler room, he's napping and doing "well" but is only getting a 2 hour nap, and he's a beast by 6/6:30.  I'm still trying to figure out if it's best to push him till 7 so he'll hopefully start sleeping more at DC. Or if I should just rush dinner into him/start sending dinner to school and put him down at 6pm. But then I can't figure out how I'd do dinner for the other 3 of us.
    this is my house!  we eat at 6, at the earliest.  I push her until 7 because it's not too bad, but I think pretty soon she'll adjust to one nap and it will get better on it's own.   I think she'd just think it was a nap if I put her down at 6.
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited February 2014
    DD goes 2.5 hours between wake up and 1st nap
    3 hours between 1st nap and 2nd nap
    3.5 hours between 2nd nap and bedtime

ETA DD goes to sleep at 6 PM and we eat dinner without her but I sort of love that time with DH so I'm fine eating without her.
  • DS is pushing his afternoon nap later and later. He used to go down around 1 or 1:30 pm now it's more like 2:30 or 3pm for about 45 minutes to an hour. He goes to bed at 7:30pm...sometimes 8pm.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"