Breastfeeding

Intro and a question

Hi! I am a FTM and my LO is almost 4 months old. I EBF on demand and co-sleep. Little man is growing well and is generally a happy guy!
My question is that he recently started sleeping longer stretches at night sometimes, and last night I went about 7 hours without feeding
him and then he only ate from one side. Two hours after that he ate from the other side. I'm a little concerned about my supply and that on nights that he wants to eat more it won't be there if this happens several nights in a row. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I'm not sure exactly how it regulates and - should I pump at night or just let him eat when he wants? Thank you so much in advance!

Re: Intro and a question

• Have you had any supply issues up until now? If not, then you should be fine. Your supply will adjust to his needs, so it should increase when he goes through growth spurts and wants to eat more in the MOTN. Drinking a lot of water before bed should help on those nights when he wants to eat more. Enjoy the extra sleep while you can!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Great thanks! I always feed him when he wants to eat so I think we will be good! I also have not previously had supply issues. Thank you so much for the help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"