October 2012 Moms

Clothes size for small kids

Hey ladies!!! What sizes are you buying for your small kids? Dd is still just 20 pounds. No way 18-24 would fit her but I feel conflicted buying 12-18 for summer. TIA!!!
Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Clothes size for small kids

• Hi !!! Does she wear 18-24 at gymboree? I just ordered 12-18 as my coupon was expiring but I could exchange. I mostly got dresses. She was in a 12-18 dress today and it was already long-- I think 18-24 would drown her.
    Birthday

• Circo and Cherokee (Target brands) run small. Alice is 31in and between 25-30 pounds (havent weighed in two months amd I know she has grown since then!) And I have to buy at least a 3t for her shirts to cover her belly.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
  • Loading the player...
  • I've got a string bean here too. 21 lbs 34 inches. She's got a bunch of size 18 month leggings from target with her. Since they're tight and stretchy they tend to not fall off her butt as easily as jeans do. She also has a few size 18 month dresses from target that fit her ok.

Like @piffle42 I've found old navy leggings to be too wide. The length is right but they're too loose. :(

• My daughter is just over 20 lbs and 30 inches. Dh still squeezes her into some 9 month carters onesies but she's mostly in 12 or 18 months. Her head is big and lots of her shirts stop fitting there first. For summer I have 18 month if the head hole is big, otherwise 24 month. Dresses and rompers seemed flexible last summer and I hope I find the same. Her one piece swimsuits are 24 months as I found last year they ran short!

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014

DS- Wesley- March 14, 2010
    DD- Norah- September 27, 2012

• C is 22 lbs, 31 inches. Right now, I put her in 18 mo pants, and sometimes even 24 mo if they are leggings/tight, because it is freaking freezing and I don't want her bare legs poking out even if her pants ride up. But if it were warm, she'd be in 12-18 mo. She wears 12 mo shirts and onesies. I did just buy some 18 mo onesies, and they are a little loose, but fine.
  • Alexis is just over 20 lb. She is currently wearing mostly 12 months in Carter's and a few 18 months, but we have started getting 18 month clothes for the summer. She will probably keep 12 month pants for a while.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • Its amazing the difference a lb and an inch can make with these munchkins. Emma is 22.4 lb and 30 in and wears 24mo or 2T shirts and 18 mo-2T pants. Next to @stephcarter's B she looks so short and fat lol.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Ohh @stephcarter have you seen the jeans with the hidden adjuster on the inside that carters makes? I just got 2 pairs on clearance at carters last week.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• No! I'm going to have to check them out!!

• Starry AgainStarry Again member
    edited February 2014
    DD is right around 20 pounds at over 17 months old. Osh Kosh 12-18 m is perfect for her. She still wears mainly 12 m in Carters. Shirts she is most likely to be 12-18 m. We are planning on 12-18m this summer.

ETA: I think she was 30 inches at her 15 month appointment. Something around 5% weight and 30% height. We mainly do leggings or adjustable pants.

DD 9/15/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"