2nd Trimester

Bleeding gums?

I know bleeding gums are normal during pregnancy and I seem to have one spot in particular that bleeds worse than others. I wasn't really concerned since many people experience this but I have a small spot behind my teeth in the same area now that is fairly swollen and very red. Do I just wait and see if something I ate poked me or something and it goes away or try to get in with a dentist ASAP?

Re: Bleeding gums?

• I'm in the same situation. My gum is mainly swollen and red in the corner of 2 of my teeth only and that's where I keep getting bleeds from every time I brush. I showed it to my orthodontist when I was there for my invisiligns and she said it's just from being pregnant and told me to use mouth wash and use a soft brush but that's it.
    imageimage
    God Bless You my Little One
    Farida, our first child, born on the 19th of July 2014
    Farida, at 8 weeks
  • I have the same issue... I've been to the dentist far too often lately but she told me it was totally normal and can actually last until you're finished breast feeding :-o
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a similar thing where one part of my gums seems to be more inflamed that the others. At my cleaning last week, my dentist said it was all just pregnancy hormones and to keep on brushing, flossing and using mouthwash and it should be fine. 
  • I had that problem even before pregnancy, it sucks.  My gums get to where they feel unbearably itchy and I have to pick at them with a toothpick or floss for a while, and then of course they get red and sore from that.  I don't think there is much the dentist can do, just try and keep up your dental hygiene and push through.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image          image

• Ive had this issue too! And I didn't know it happens to a lot of women during pregnancy so it really freaked me out. I got new soft bristle toothbrushes and make sure to floss brush and use mouthwash but the bleeding gums still occur.
             BabyFruit Ticker
    First time Mommy-to-be! So excited to meet my little angel!
    ~22 years old~
    Lucky enough to have married my best friend on 11.19.13

• Totally normal. You can also get pregnancy gingivitis. My sister actually got a pyogenic granuloma on her gums while pregnant. Her dentist said it was totally normal and it went away after she delivered. 

Keep brushing and flossing. 
  • My gums bleed, not a lot, just a little. My teeth are also extremely sensitive, nose is either plugged or running beyond belief and I've been getting bleeding noses. :( I've pretty much had every rotten preg symptom out there and it all seems to revolve around my friggen head!!! Lol

• Awww i hate brushing my teeth at the moment not only cause it brings on my morning Sickness but cause my gums bleed like crazy. i dont remember this with my first 2 pregnancies
  • Awww i hate brushing my teeth at the moment not only cause it brings on my morning Sickness but cause my gums bleed like crazy. i dont remember this with my first 2 pregnancies
    Seconded on the tooth brushing/morning sickness thing.  I have a hard time using mouthwash right after because by then the urge is quite the opposite of getting fresh, minty breath.  I'm kind of worried what my dentist will say at my next visit...

• dont use store bought mouthwash,it's lousy for severe gingavitas (i know i am suffering too) go on to amazon and get some more powerful stuff that is designed specifically to stop bleeding gums. i am in the UK so not sure what brands you have in the US but your hygeniest can recommend some i'm sure. also, rinse for 1 second with hydrogen peroxide - it's an oral debrider and makes your mouth and gums feel super clean.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"