August 2012 Moms

When your kid is sick

What do you do all day with your kid when they are sick? We normally don't watch tv but we had so much screen time this weekend because that's what made her happy when she was in pain.

Re: When your kid is sick

• Exactly like you. SO much TV. I kind if hate it but little else works to keep her entertained and relatively immobile. When it gets warmer again, we take walks in the stroller.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We do TV & tablet (at least its interactive and he learns things), as well as blocks, and maybe shape sorting if he's not completely miserable.

1999- Dx Prolactinoma

8-25-2012 - Lucas born via C-section at 38 Weeks 2 days
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • We normally don't have the tv on until after jeffrey goes to bed at night, but when he had a fever for 3 days straight a few months ago, that is all we did. He sat on my lap and listened to music videos and dozed on and off.

Hope that your little one gets better soon!
  • DD often sleeps a lot when she is sick.  When she had a stomach bug last week, she was sleeping 13 hours at night and she took 3.5-4 hour naps both days.  So, that was nice because I got a reprieve from her sadness and could clean the house!

She also NEVER watches TV - doesn't have the attention span - but she will lay on the couch and watch a show when she is sick.  I don't mind this.

If it's warm we go on walks.  If she's not terribly ill, I'll run some errands where she can stay in the car (gas, car wash, ATM, quick run into the pharmacy, etc.).

We also read a lot of books or play quietly with her stuffed animals.
  • We do basically the same things we do when she isn't sick. She plays with whatever toys she wants to, colors and read books. Though when she is sick she does seem to snuggle and watch TV a little bit more and we try to play a little more quietly/calm than if she was feeling 100%.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker
  • We do whatever she feels up to. If she wants to snuggle and have a 4 hour Octonauts marathon, then I am all in. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"