Heavy bleeding, followed by mc — The Bump
Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Heavy bleeding, followed by mc

Stephhr602Stephhr602
Third Anniversary
edited February 2014 in Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Hi everyone. I found out I was pregnant the first week of February, my first pregnancy. I have PCOS and was thinking it would be hard for my husband and I to conceive, so as you can imagine we were elated. I went in this past Tuesday for my ultrasound and the Dr. was concerned as there hadn't been much growth or increase in heart rate since my initial ultra sound the week before. I had been spotting brown since I found out I was pregnant. On Thursday morning, I started to cramp and actually bleed instead of spot, so I went back to the Dr. for another ultrasound. The appointment was positive, the baby's heart rate had increased from 117 to 133 in two days and they had seen some growth, which they said all pointed to good things. They still could not tell me why I was bleeding, and I was still worried and frustrated. I continued to bleed Friday and Friday night I started to pass some abnormal clots. I went to the ER and the ultra sound showed what I had feared, no more embryo or heartbeat.. I had lost the baby at 8 weeks. I have to wait until tomorrow to see my OB, but now just feel in limbo. I am still bleeding but have not passed anything major, but feel so much pain and emotion every time I look into the toilet and know that it is our baby slowing leaving us. I don't know if I will emotionally be able to pass this child as the ER said it could take 2-6 weeks for it to pass entirely. Should I ask about a D&C tomorrow at my OB appointment? I am so lost emotionally that I just want this to pass. It has been comforting to find this group here.

Re: Heavy bleeding, followed by mc

• JCM285JCM285
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 500 Love Its Photogenic
    edited February 2014
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I also found out the first week of Feb. about my pregnancy and started bleeding Thursday!! As far as the D&C, it totally depends on how much tissue is left over and they can figure it out from an u/s. I can tell you that after my first m/c which was at about 10 1/2 weeks, I had a ton of tissue and it was necessary to have a D&C. For this one, the doc advised me to pass it naturally which hasn't been so fun, but I also don't know how far along I was since I have irregular periods and did not make it long enough to first prenatal appointment before m/cing. Good luck to you at your appointment tomorrow!
    Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards