Babies on the Brain

Baby Movement Monitors

I am already a mom of two little monsters but never had the luxury of using movement monitors with them. Now that we are planning on #3 very soon I was look at them and curious if you all felt they are worth the money. Mind you it seemed like I would go into their rooms every 2 hours to make sure they were sleeping and could barely sleep myself because I worried. Thought on the product?
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Baby Movement Monitors

• We have a snuza and it does go off sometimes if she wiggles it loose.  I still use it and wouldn't sleep without it.

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited February 2014
    Kimbus22 said:

I know one person who swears by them but in reading reviews, there were a huge number of false alarms and I felt like it would make me more paranoid, not less. I did fine with a straight up video monitor.

All of this. I also had a lot of anxiety about SIDS so we kept our LO in our room until 6 months, which really lowers the risk.

That being said, if you were up every 2 hours checking on them, getting a movement monitor may give you some peace of mind :)

edited, words

• Loading the player...
  • DD was a 28 weeker.  When she was discharged I got one.  It was one of the old school ones that went under the mattress.  It did give me piece of mind, but I had A LOT of false alarms.  I'm on the fence about using one this time.  That being said, with  her history of apnea and being a preemie, I'd rather have false alarms than risk not being alarmed at all. 
    BFP#1 6/2013: MMC 8/2013 @ 6 wks, 3 d
    BFP#2 1/2014: CP 1/2014 @ 3 wks, 4 d
    BFP#3 4/2014: MC 4/2014 @ 4 wks, 1 d
    Break until Dec 2014
    Femara, aspirin and progesterone started 12/2015
    Still working on #2!

• Thanks ladies for you input.  The new house we are moving into has the master bedroom downstairs and not a lot of room to place LO.  I think we will be purchasing one so I will have the piece of mind and not be up every 30 minutes wondering if the baby is OK. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • For those of you who used the Snuza, how did it work with swaddling ?
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • ::lurking::

ehh...I stopped using our Snuza at about 3 months. It kept slipping off DD's diaper and going off.  In retrospect I would have used that $90 on something else.

BFP1- 2/21/2013- L was born 10/25/2013!
    BFP2- 4/18/2014- F was born 12/29/2014! 

• I will be getting a Snuza.  My nephew died at 13 weeks (SIDS) so I am sure I will be paranoid.  They say siblings/cousins have an increased risk so for me it's worth the cost and false alarms.

• terraignotaterraignota member
    edited February 2014

I don't have children yet so I can't speak to how well this product works, plus it's new, but I just saw this online and it made me think of this thread. The Owlet Smart Sock. It pretty much looks like an oxygen saturation monitor used in hospitals. It actually monitors heart rate, oxygen levels, temperature, and sleep quality instead of movement so there may be fewer false alarms. Looks interesting.

edited: wrong link! changed it :-P

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly. - Morticia Adams
  • They're not recommended by the AAP or FDA and have not been shown to decrease the risk of SIDS at all so I didn't waste my money. Stuff that does reduce the risk of SIDS: https://www.sids.org/nprevent.htm
    Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • We have a hi sense motion sensor ( under mattress style). Our daughter was born at 34 weeks and was in the hospital for a month due to eating issues. She failed the car seat test prior to going home and we felt much better having that even though she slept in our room for 6 months. I have to say it only went off twice and we used it for a year and a half. It went off when she rolled to the far end of the crib.
  • I have the Angel Care, and bought it after a scare with my daughter that I will probably never fully recover from (dramatic, I know, but she was sleeping so deeply that she was unresponsive at 4 months old and it scared the crap out of me). I was really anxious before and after that, so the monitor really helped ease my mind. We had a couple false alarms but not nearly as many as the reviews led me to believe. I will 100% use it with my next baby!

• We bought the Snuza which has a setting that will tick each time the baby inhales/exhales which I think will be nice so I can just listen to the audio monitor and know that the baby is fine :)

OUR TTC STORY

Been TTC  since 05/2013

DH: 23 - No male factor issues known.

Me: 25 – Bicornuate Uterus, PCOS, BRCA1 Positive: Will have hysterectomy and double mastectomy at 30

02/25/2014 First cycle on Clomid 100mg cd5-9 - HSG was clear. Blood work on CD 3 and 7 came back normal.

03/27/2014 Second Clomid 100mg cd5-9 - no ovulation. 

05/08/2014 - Third Clomid Cycle 150mg cd3-7 

Trying to Conceive Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"