May 2014 Moms

AW... nursery is done!

Alright... so it's been done for two years since LO will be in DD's old nursery...

Last time was all "buy this, research that"... now with this one I'm just waiting...
I don't even need to buy diapers/wipes since I'll be using DD's CDs. I don't need to buy baby shampoo/wash... I'm using diluted Dr. Bronner's in a foam pump...which lasts forever!  I have a box of hand-me-down boys clothes and a friend promised me a bunch of her boys stuff...

People have been asking what I need for the baby... and it seriously is nothing this time around...

I'm not complaining... I'm happy I don't need to spend the money like I did with DD...

It just feels kinda weird not to be 'prepping' or nesting for baby....there was so much excitement doing all that stuff as a FTM
Any other 2nd time moms feel like this?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: AW... nursery is done!

• Loading the player...
  • Yeah; we're in the same boat. I have bought a few outfits for him that will be just for him, but we really don't need anything since he'll be born in the same season a DS1. We cloth diaper and hope to BF so I don't even need new diapers or bottles/feeding supplies. Also we're moving when he'll be 6 months old, so we're waiting on room/sleep decisions until we know what our new home will be.

It seems weird not to be able to do much. I suppose I should pull out the NB clothes from the closet and wash/prep them and put them in the dresser.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Yeah; we're in the same boat. I have bought a few outfits for him that will be just for him, but we really don't need anything since he'll be born in the same season a DS1. We cloth diaper and hope to BF so I don't even need new diapers or bottles/feeding supplies. Also we're moving when he'll be 6 months old, so we're waiting on room/sleep decisions until we know what our new home will be. It seems weird not to be able to do much. I suppose I should pull out the NB clothes from the closet and wash/prep them and put them in the dresser.

That's about all I've got to do too... I'm almost holding off on it until I go off work so I'll have something to do then!  BF worked out last time for us and I'm hoping that DS won't have issues.  If he does, we'll get formula and whatnot after he's born.  I might buy a few outfits, so all of his stuff won't be second hand...

• We are putting this baby in a different room and are Team Green this time around where we knew DD was a girl.  So we have to set up a whole nursery in Gender neutral.  But other than that we don't really have anything else to do.  I am so happy not to have to be stressing about what stroller to get and what do I need to have on hand before baby is born, etc.  

• Beware of the post police... *eye roll*

Damn right. And?
    Anniversary 
    BFP 9/13/2020 with Baby #3 <3  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I just think she's becoming a little bit of a broken record by having to come into posts to scold people for posting where she doesn't see fit.

Jess & Adam, married 2009, precious Audrey born in 2011. BFP 1/6/13, 6-wk MMC discovered at 9 wks 2/11/13. D&C 2/18/13, second D&C 4/23/13 for retained placenta.
    BFP 8/24/13!! EDD 5/1/14, delivered healthy and sweet Zoey Leanne on 5/5/14 by repeat c-section.
  • jesstellina said:
    I just think she's becoming a little bit of a broken record by having to come into posts to scold people for posting where she doesn't see fit.

All she did was point out that there was a whole thread that had already been started to discuss the topic OP was posting about.

image     image    
  • So at what point do the tables turn and the "regs" no longer feel welcome on the board? bc I don't know what the fluff is going on here. It's like a parallel dimension.

This.
    Where am I ?!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"