September 2014 Moms

Hubby buzzkill

Must vent - I have been really achey they last few days and came home with a migraine today. We just moved and I finally have a nice bathtub again. So I thought maybe a nice little soak? Now even though I am pretty sure this is fine, I go ahead and do all the research. No HOT bath - check. Be careful, don't overheat, dont stay in too long, dont take one if you are bleeding. Got it. So I make a nice lukewarm bath - not even that great compared to the HOT ones I prefer to take. No bubbles no nothing. I get in - water not even covering my belly...and hubby freaks out. He's like - what are you doing?! This doesn't seem safe! Did you ask your doctor?! I'm like - it's totally ok, the bath isnt that hot, yadda yadda, and give me one legitimate reason why it is not ok. He of course cannot but I know he is scared because we have had 2 previous losses (not related to a bath of course). But I am just so pissed. I basically got out after 5 minutes feeling even less relaxed than before. Aaargh! Hubby buzzkill!!
[Deleted User]wrightpalomoOrdyMama12worldinapapercup

Re: Hubby buzzkill

• MH is killing me. He freaks out of I lay on the floor and play with the dog. I shoveled VERY light snow earlier this week while he was at work. When he came home and saw that I shoveled, he freaked out. Every other word out of his mouth is ' are you sure you can do that?' Um, carry the laundry basket across the room?, yeah, I think so. Aargh!

TTC since 3/2012 
    Started charting 12/2012 
    BFP 2/10/13 - MC 3/4/13 
    BFP 6/23/13 - CP 6/27/13 
    BFP 12/31/13 EDD 9/11/14  **please be our rainbow baby!**

Pregnancy Ticker image
    KayNatural
  • Being overprotective like that would drive me nuts. I'm pretty independent and the kind of person that often doesn't want help. Thankfully, my husband has no clue what is and isn't allowed, so when I tell him I can't do something, he is often surprised, but takes my word for it.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @anymax I'm in the exact same situation & I've been feeling so crappy I actually like when DH takes a single grocery bag out of my hand & wants to carry it.
    BabyFruit Ticker

AnyMax

• Being overprotective like that would drive me nuts. I'm pretty independent and the kind of person that often doesn't want help. Thankfully, my husband has no clue what is and isn't allowed, so when I tell him I can't do something, he is often surprised, but takes my word for it.
    I'm thankful DH is the same way. He gets a little overprotective asking me if I'm okay all the time and how I'm feeling, but if I tell him that I've done the research and whatever I'm doing is fine, he has no problems. He's really trying to not treat me like a fragile little doll and I really appreciate it. He didn't even have a problem when I shoveled the 8+ inches of snow off our driveway!
  • MH scolds me when I pick up the cats LOL...it's endearing
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Gemma
    born August 31, 2014
  • We were at sushi a couple of weeks ago and I picked up a big chunk of ginger and he says, "Wait-- can you eat ginger?... what about wasabi??" oh man! I almost kicked him. Instead I laughed and explained that the saba might be off limits but I'd die without pickled ginger and wasabi! 

Thanks for the perspective @AnyMax we're not a PgAL couple but I should appreciate his efforts to contribute what he can. Even if the telling me to put my feet up and "reminders" to get enough water and sleep are annoying! I forget that as overwhelming as this experience is for me it's gotta be driving him nuts to not have any "control" or tangible input. 
  • Thanks all. Yes hubby is so loving and supportive and protective of me. I appreciate it so much. I guess this one thing just irked me - chalk it up to a long work day and a grumpy achey gal! Like that he wasn't trusting that I had enough knowledge to make an informed choice. All is ok now - as I stirred awake this morning, he was holding and kissing my hand and whispering I love yous. Who could ask for more?
    wrightpalomoJD83JenniferAnn1972worldinapapercup
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"