September 2014 Moms

The harmony test

It's a safe non invasive way to check baby at 10 weeks for chromosomal disorders, and also reveal the sex. I'm trying to learn more about it. It's expensive though. Anyone thinking of doing it?
BabyName Ticker}

Re: The harmony test

• I had a similar test called MaterniT21 done on Monday because I'm 35. My OB wanted me to do it in place of the first tri screening. We will go over the results at my next appointment on March 5. My insurance covers it because of my AMA status, but I would not pay out of pocket for it. I would opt for the first tri screening/NT scan instead. For me finding out the baby's sex at 10 weeks would not worth the extra cost. I'd rather save the money and wait to find out at the anatomy scan.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

AmandaR204
  • CplusJ=S said:
    I had a similar test called MaterniT21 done on Monday because I'm 35. My OB wanted me to do it in place of the first tri screening. We will go over the results at my next appointment on March 5. My insurance covers it because of my AMA status, but I would not pay out of pocket for it. I would opt for the first tri screening/NT scan instead. For me finding out the baby's sex at 10 weeks would not worth the extra cost. I'd rather save the money and wait to find out at the anatomy scan.
    this exactly. I'm taking Materniti21 next week, but only bc I'm 40 and it's covered by insurance. When I was pregnant with DS the tests were also available, but very new and not coved by insurance even for advanced age. First time we opted for NT scan and screening. That of course came back with very elevated risks bc of age. We still didnt go those tests or even amino. Just waited till 20 week anatomy scan.
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I am asking my Dr. about it next week at my appointment. The lady who did my blood draw at my first appointment suggested asking for it because the company who runs the test is billing insurance only the amount they would pay and then just voiding the rest of the cost. If my insurance will cover it, I am planning on doing it.If not, we will just wait until the anatomy scan.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• I'm going to have the Panorama next week. Similar test- different insurance plans have different offerings.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• My dr offered Maternti21..from what Ive seen doing research is exactly what @suitern mentioned, that the most out of pocket is around $500, if insurance covers it is is about $300.

We were thinking about doing it.  But at the same point it does make just as much sense to wait till 20 weeks.  Its a tough call.  We still have 2 weeks to mull it over.  Its nice to have that reassurance that everything is ok.
    DH and I Married 11.12.10
    First BPP 1.24.14
    EDD 9.26.14

Baby Cooper John born on 9.24.14 6lbs9oz

• I asked my doc about these tests but she said we aren't planning on doing any of them at this point because I'm just shy of AMA.  But she said if anything comes up as suspect at the NT scan, they'd probably do it instead of CVS or amnio.

DD1, born 4/10/11 at 32 weeks
    Cooking #2 :)  Due 9/18/2014

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I did the harmony blood test last week. I'm 27, but my doctor offers the test to all of her patients. So we decided to try to see if insurance would cover it. They came back and said they would cover it 100% so we did it. If they didn't cover it, I doubt we would have done it. I guess it would have depended on the cost.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    suitern
  • My OB offers the Harmony screening as well.  It was tempting since they tell you gender, but we opted out.  I don't need any stress and there's nothing that can be done if there is a disorder. 
    Kay

photo BEP_9324-web-1.jpg
    Pregnancy Ticker 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"