Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Brennan's Hospital Stay

amandalynn77amandalynn77 member
edited February 2014 in Babies: 0 - 3 Months
My nephew Brennan was born on December 9th at Saint Katherines hospital in Wisconsin.  Brennan was very sick, he had to be on oxygen and feeding tubes.  Doctors at that hospital knew that his blood sugar kept dropping dangerously low, and could not figure out why.  So, they transfered him to a childrens hospital in Illinois.  The doctors there diagnosed him hypoglycemic, and continued to treat him in the NICU. Brennan had okay days and very bad days while he was in the hospital.  Thankfully when he turned one month old he was able to come home.  My sister Nichole and her fiance Jon had to learn how to test his blood sugar and were instructed he cannot go more than 2 hours without eating.  If he does it can cause his blood sugar to drop which can lead to seizures and worst case damage his brain permanently.  It is still unknown to us why his body doesn't regulate sugar.  While Brennan was living in the NICU. My sister's medical insurance will not cover his stay because he was out of state.  Please help him out, anything will help to cover this extremely high cost of medical.  Thank you so much for reading his story! 

If you can help in anyway I would greatly appreciate it.  I want nothing but the best for Brennan and my sister.  To start a life out with this kind of debt is overwhelming and next to impossible.  You can donate, follow and get updates on Brennan at ***Edited for spam***

I will update with photos of Brennan, and my sister :)

Re: Brennan's Hospital Stay

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"