Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

bumps around mouth...allergies?

so ds developed tiny little acne-like bumps around his mouth/nose recently...i want to say it's been like a week?  a week and half?  our nanny said it's probably allergies and when i called the dr. the front desk lady said it could be allergies as well, or because of drool.  i don't really know what to think since i can't think of anything different that we fed him or exposed him to, except for sunblock--though i think this broke out before the sunblock.  anybody go through this?  should have the pedi look at it or wait to see if it goes away?  thanks for the input.  ds is 23 months btw.

Re: bumps around mouth...allergies?

• Options
    Your son will be going in for his 2 year appointment soon right?  I would just wait until then, I don't bring my kids in unless I have to, particularly this time of year, who knows what they might catch!

I would make sure you are washing his face really well after he eats and you could also try putting vasoline around his mouth and nose, it might help if it's drool or a runny nose.  Also have you been giving him cinnamon at all?  That tends to make my kids' faces red, though it disappears within an hour or two, so maybe not that...
  • Options
    Could be allergies, drool, or even chapped dry skin from winter. Could be he didn't get all the food wiped off after a meal. If it doesn't bother him and there are no other symptoms, I would wait to ask.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    thanks ladies...i cancelled the appt i had for this afternoon since it seemed to look better.  i suppose i'll just wait till his 2 year appt at the end of march, unless, of course, it gets worse.  thanks again!
  • Options
    my son has the same thing!! It comes and goes it could be really bad one day and then gone the next. He drools a lot so I think it could be a mix of that and if has something acidic he loves cantaloupe even though it is not super acidic when he has a lot i tend to notice it. It never seems to bother him so I never brought him to the doctor. He is turning two on sunday so I will be asking when I go for his 2 year old check up though. 
  • Options
    Doctors can be little or no help with allergies in my experience. I would keep a food diary and note when it happens. The doctor will need that anyway to give credence to allergies.

Cantaloupe could be acidic enough to affect skin.

Also know that they don't usually do allergy testing for several years because their immune systems are still developing as a tot. A kid could initially not show issues with a food and it can develop over time. Repeated exposures to an allergen can increase the allergic reaction.

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"