Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Only child, Does daughter loves daddy more?

Does baby love daddy more? My husband and I both work full time, so we both spend an equal amount of time with our daughter. But for the past couple of months, it seems she loves her daddy more. She prefers him anytime she has the option of him or I. She actually "lights up" when she sees him, where I only get a small smile if any. If I try to put her to bed, its like she is fussy for at least 20 minutes and I have to pace or walk her the whole time, and I dare not sit down to rock her, I have to be on my feet moving the whole time. When daddy put her to bed, she is out like a light within 5 minutes. We do the same routine every night, she just goes to bed better for him. How do I get her to love me as much as him? It really breaking my heart...

Re: Only child, Does daughter loves daddy more?

• Options
    Ftm, but I have read in different books and articles that babies may prefer one parent over another, and it can change. My son lights up when he sees daddy, but always wants to see what im doing or where im going. Definately wouldnt worry. She loves you and its just a phase and will pass.
  • Options
    DD goes back & forth. One month it's Mommy-is-all-I-want & the next it's Daddy. She is a Daddy's girl though, & it's not all bad. She loves you!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm a FTM too but with DD it changes daily. One day all she wants is her daddy and other days all she wants is me. Your LO loves you very much she is probably just doing through a daddy stage right now. Trust me, the days she wants nothing to do with me it does hurt my feeling but just keep trying and don't get discouraged because no matter what your LO loves you! :)
  • Options
    This is totally normal- and it will change a lot like the other posters said.  My DS prefers DH sometimes - and interestingly enough- DH is a lot better at getting him to sleep because when I try to put DS to bed, he smells my milk and just wants to eat and will fuss (even if he just ate).
    DS#1- 5 y/o! Stop growing up little man!<br><br>
    DS#2- 5 months old.  AH! SQUISH!<br>
    imageimage
    TTC #2
    3 M/C. Finally a sticky baby- 9/3/13!
  • Options
    OH, Lord it changes.  My daughter about put me in an early grave when she was little.  She would go to sleep at night (just like in your case) for her dad in seconds, but not for me.  BUT!!! During the day (Like on the weekends etc...), she wanted me non-stop!    She is now 9.  She has flip flopped each year as to whom she wants.  This year it's her dad.  Go figure.....Her little brother was born the end of August.... :)  Don't worry.  LO needs you.
  • Options
    Yep. It definitely changes all the time.

DD1 is still always kind of a daddy's girl but DD2 is definitely always kind of  a mommy's girl.

Don't worry, everything at this stage is "just a phase."

• Options
    Everything PP have stated but I want to add that the photos are seriously some of the cutest I have ever seen! You are lucky baby loves daddy so much because LO will always have a special place for mommy. Enjoy the free time while baby wants him because as already said it changes so often that eventually she will be glued to you and you'll be begging for her to latch to him for a min!! Good luck. Keep your head up baby loves you both, you made her!
  • Options
    As PP said, I wouldn't take any of it personally!

At present i'm a SAHM. DD sees me all day (6 am to 5 or 6 pm). When SO gets home she 'lights up' - extends her arms happily to daddy, and giggles at him. I know this isn't your scenario, exactly, but I think it follows the same principles.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"