September 2014 Moms

Baby kicking you yet?

Or perhapsI should have titled this - baby flutters yet?

Anyone else feeling things? I felt my daughter at 10 weeks 3 days, and felt this one at 9 weeks 6 days or so.I'm already up to feeling 5-6 distinct movements a day. Anyone else?
--------------
PCOS , incompetent cervix, gestational diabetes, IVF graduate, with one ovary!
1 angel baby due to a 20 week M/C thanks to IC
1 ovary due to a benign tumor that crushed my ovary
About 6 years of pointlessly POAS
Proud mommy of a 2.5 year old  girl
Currently pregnant with baby #2 surprise BFP -  Team Blue until proven otherwise

Miasim12

Re: Baby kicking you yet?

• You know, I've seen a lot of people post about this between weeks 9 and 14 and people always criticize them saying "oh that's impossible" but I wonder if that really is what's going on in there. Surely THAT many people can't be "imagining" it lol

Sometimes my stomach does a weird jumping type thing (usually a few times a day, it's annoying) but I figure it's just my insides moving around

Who knows though, I figure anything is possible :)
    Pregnancy Tickerimage

• LOL my mom asked me last night if I had felt the baby yet. I laughed at her and told her she was crazy, I'm barely 11 weeks! I guess she wasn't too far off if some of you are feeling things already. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • The first movement I felt with my last pregnancy was around 16 weeks. It could best be described as popcorn popping in my ute. Not expecting to feel anything for awhile still.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I think it's pretty obvious when it's happening. For me it feels like either knuckles rubbing on my inside, some rapping 2-3 fingers real fast, or a finger poke. It feels nothing like gas.... Plus there's no fart, burp, or discomfort to follow.

people say it's impossible because they read that somewhere.... I MC @ 20 weeks with my first and never felt her.... but these other 2 I've felt very early. It's also very obvious when I sit in a bad position. Like I was hunched over braiding my hair for hours.... I guess I must have compressed my uterus because someone in there didn't appreciate it LOL - and the flutters were very forthcoming.

To me it isn't unthinkable.... there's something inside of you.... that doesn't belong lol - you should feel it. I don't think the flutters are intentional at this point..... just the baby brushing up against an edge LOL.
    --------------
    Currently pregnant with baby #2 surprise BFP -  Team Blue until proven otherwise

• We felt our first on the outside at 15 weeks. Only because I knew where he was and I kind of pressed in and trapped him so he was freaking out and trying to escape. H felt it too. So weird. It was flutters. I don't remember when I first felt movement though. I have a bad memory.
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• FlowerchicaFlowerchica member
    edited February 2014
    Im gonna bet you arent feeling movement but stomach stuff instead. Feeling fas doesnt always have toprecede a fart or anything. My doctor said the earliest you would feel a singleton is 15w.
    And I seriously beg to differ on that point. The docs say it - but that doesn't mean we don't feel it.  Besides even placenta positioning can affect what you feel. Stomach stuff I know ( I've taken enough GI irritating medications to feel the full spectrum of what my stomach can do - and this feels nothing like that). Also - my stomach simply isn't that far down. It's just a very obvious feeling.... for me - it's hard to confuse. Even with my first one we could coordinate some flutters with an ultrasound at 12 weeks with my peri.... and even webmd accepts that the range could be as soon as 13 weeks....
    --------------

AshleyrfilesBeckiLoodrae86
  • My nurse actually said I could feel it way sooner this time around. Sometimes I think I feel a flutter which feels way diff then gas but I'm not calling it baby movement any time soon until I know for sure.

BFP 1/4/2014 EDD September 14 2014

suitern
  • My first I didn't feel until around 17 weeks. With my second, I started feeling flutters around 11 weeks, but by 12 I was sure it was baby. With this one, I'm still kind of wondering, was that baby? Haven't had that definite moment of --oh that was for sure baby. 
    But @flowerchica - I'm with you. I think you can definitely feel baby that early, especially being a second time (or more) mom.
           I am convinced that coffee is God's gift to mothers.

BabyFruit Ticker       
    **  DD-5.30.11 ** DS-1.15.13 ** #3 EDD - 9.4.14 ** 

Barefoot84Mlmazey
  • When we went for our U/S (11w4d), she was really pushing down to get a good view, and you can see baby is be-bopping around in there, so I almost had myself convinced I could feel it. But no, I definitely do not feel baby yet. I never really had a "flutter" feeling, it took longer until I noticed more distinct movements.
    image        image
  • LOL I feel like this is 'the princess and the pea.' Considering that these babies weight a fraction of an ounce. But whatever you guys say :-)

This. Sorry but, the baby is roughly the size of a prune at this point. Your uterus is still really low, as well. I just had a baby 4.5 months ago. Being so recently pregnant, I would think I'd be able to feel movement now if that were the case.
    You had a baby 4.5 months ago?!? Wow!!How many wks are you???
    [Deleted User]aditigirl
  • I have forgotten what flutters feel like by now, but I remember feeling "phantom" flutters at least 6 months after DS was born. Wasn't gas, wasn't a baby--it was my body tricking me. I am sure that I could interpret similar sensations as flutters right now if I was in the right frame of mind, but it wouldn't mean that I could feel a prune-sized fetus "kicking" me all the way through a still-thick uterine wall.

BabyFruit Ticker
    AccioPizzachusumbiokitty42
  • I have a very small build and have felt my babies at 15 weeks, but it was so slight at first I had to really be still and concentrate to feel the little pops. I'm not gonna say there aren't ladies who don't feel their babies earlier- hey, there are ladies who don't know they are pregnant until a baby emerges. I think both are extreme examples, that may happen to a few women, but it is definitely not the norm.
  • I felt my daughter at exactly 16 weeks. In hindsight I'm sure I felt her at 15 weeks, but it definitely felt like gas. I have rumblings currently that replicate movement, but they are mid belly, and I for sure know baby is definitely not there yet.. Babies is tiny and in my public region. I've had a couple of flutter type feelings going on down there, but I really am not considering it movement at all or saying that at 12 weeks I'm feeling baby. If I'm having the same feeling at 14-15 weeks, considering I'm a STM, then I'll say it's movement. But I kind of side eye anyone that says they feel movement in 1st tri.

Married August 9, 2008
    TTC Since September 2009

1st   BFP | EDD 10/23/10 | Natural M/C 03/27/10 | 10w 0d
    2nd BFP 06/26/10 | EDD 02/25/11 | Natural  M/C 07/17/10 | 8w 1d
    3rd  BFP 12/17/10 | EDD 08/24/11 | Natural M/C 12/31/10 | 7w 4d
    4th  BFP 06/22/11 | EDD 02/25/12 | M/C D&C on 07/27/11 | 9w4d
    5th  BFP 09/17/11 | DD Paige Lily born 05/16/12
    6th  BFP 08/11/12 | EDD 04/11/13 | CP
    7th  BFP 09/29/13 | EDD 06/04/14 | Natural M/C 10/27/13 | 8w1d
    8th  BFP 12/16/13 | EDD 09/01/14

DX: Pericentric Inversion of Chromosome 8 & compound heterozygous for MTHFR mutations
    RX: Lovenox/Heparin & Folgard

[Deleted User]AccioKittyCat
  • I think gas feels really different when you're pregnant and your uterus expands... so I do strongly feel early flutters are actually gas. I might think "yeah right", but anything can happen - so sure, why not.  
    <3 Baby #1 BFP 6/10/2011-EDD 2/19/2012-DS Born 2/10/2012!
    :'(  CP BFP 1/6/2013-EDD 9/19/2013-CP 1/9/2013
    <3 Baby #2 BFP 1/3/2014-EDD 9/12/2014 -DD Born 9/10/2014!
    <3 Baby #3 BFP 7/8/2018-EDD 3/17/2019-Team Green!

Miasim12
  • There's also a really big difference between a baby the size of a raspberry, even prune, and a baby the size of a plum. Even though we're all in the same birth month, our babies are a pretty wide range of sizes. And every woman is different. And I would venture to say, even those of us who are feeling baby aren't feeling actual kicks, but rather movements that just knick the sides of the uterus and cause a very light sensation.

BabyFruit Ticker       

[Deleted User]GabbyCat13
  • Wow I missed quite a bit (crazy day with moving planning), I should also add.. and I don't know if this factors in at all but.....

I had a major abdominal surgery when I was 11 months old. I didn't know but it left my pelvic region mangled. Including leaving me with one fallopian tube that looks like it's making a run for it before it moves back down to the ovary. I had a cancer scare about 2 years ago and had a surgeon who  when removing a tumor found all this scar tissue in my pelvic region that it took him 4 hours to clear LOL.... who knows if that factors in too? Sometimes we just aren't configured normally down there LOL.

I don't think my baby is "kicking me" lol ... especially since the nervous system isn't ready to do that yet - plus I don't think the fetus has real legs/arms  yet hehe..... but I've felt fetal movement enough to know the difference. I just think there are definitely some outliers - from those that do to those that don't because of where the placenta is. What I've always sort of giggled at is doctors telling you what you can and cannot feel. I'll never forget being in pre-term labor with a doctor trying to tell me I wasn't having a contraction until a midwife basically sent him packing.

--------------

• My mother keeps asking me if I can feel anything, and it freaks me out that the answer is a big ole no. She swears she felt flutters from 8 weeks with all three of us, I call bull. If I feel from the outside, I can find my uterus, but that's all for now.

imageimage

• I went 20 weeks without a single sensation with my first one...... so it's also pretty normal not to....
    --------------

• With #1, I was 18w when I felt my first distinct flutter.  With #2, I was 13w when I felt comfortable saying that's definitely baby moving around.. I remember feeling something around 12 weeks and telling myself no way, must just have been my imagination.. but, when I asked MFM, they confirmed that it's quite possible..

Yesterday in a meeting I swore I felt something.. but, I'm sure it was likely just a fluke.  If I were 12 weeks, I'd be more inclined to think it was movement.. at 10 weeks, I am too skeptical.  

Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

My blog about raising 2U2!
  • Nope, don't expect feeling movement until around 16-17 weeks.
  • Milo5181 said:
    I have forgotten what flutters feel like by now, but I remember feeling "phantom" flutters at least 6 months after DS was born. Wasn't gas, wasn't a baby--it was my body tricking me. I am sure that I could interpret similar sensations as flutters right now if I was in the right frame of mind, but it wouldn't mean that I could feel a prune-sized fetus "kicking" me all the way through a still-thick uterine wall.
    Ha I was just about to post that I could feel my baby kicking even after she was born. Those phantom kicks were crazy. 

I don't know about all these baby kicks. I could maybe see 13 weeks if you are on your second. 9 weeks seems way too early.

For FTM's don't freak out reading this if you aren't feeling anything. It's perfectly normal not to feel kicks up until 25 weeks.
    I definitely had phantom kicks for a LONG time after I had DD that felt exactly like real kicks.  I was just thinking the other day that it's going to be hard to figure out when I can actually feel this one kicking.

With DD, I first felt flutters around 14 weeks, I think.  Super faint though.  I don't think I felt actual kicks til around 16w?

DD1, born 4/10/11 at 32 weeks
    Cooking #2 :)  Due 9/18/2014

BabyFruit Ticker
  • StasiStasi member
    edited February 2014
    I feel flutters and movement deep in my ute. It's my ute muscles stretching and growing, not my baby kicking...

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

aditigirl
  • I'm still getting mild contractions from my c-section 6 months ago, so half the time I'm not sure what the heck I'm feeling.  ugh.
  • I have a tilted uterus and don't usually feel movement until 20+ weeks . . . So I'm going to have to go with no. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    DS1| 4.26.09 :: MMC| 7.11 :: DS2| 6.26.11 :: DD| 4.12.13 LO#4| EDD 9.19.14
  • I felt little one today. Nothing major just like "Oh, that definitely came from my uterus." Like more of a flutter/pushing feeling. Weird but awesome. This is my 2nd and they say you feel/recognize things sooner.
  • Boy, do I wish! All I feel is eternal gas!
    [Deleted User]
  • I feel what i think are growing pains (but not really pains) like the uterus is pushing every important organ out of the way.
  • drae86 said:

I feel what i think are growing pains (but not really pains) like the uterus is pushing every important organ out of the way.

Me too!

Gemma
    born August 31, 2014
  • I'm 9 weeks and I certainly feel something going on In there - it feels like a flutter.
  • I'm 12 weeks and 3 days I think.....
    --------------

• Hahaha Miasim .... being a STM I may be one of the only one who disagrees - and I've already gone through a full pregnancy - but to each their own - we'll never get a definitive answer since no one can really prove it either way hehe.
    --------------

LovelyLou23Miasim12
  • Who was it that posted the diagram of baby placement in our abdomen by how far along we are? Was it @mrssparklebottom or MrsDanielle? I can't remember but can't find it.
    Somebody very helpful posted that for me a few weeks ago - it's been really helpful!

imageimage

[Deleted User]
  • Yeah, I honestly don't get the whole, your uterus isn't past your pubic bone so you can't feel the baby moving. Does that mean you ladies don't feel cramps when you're on your period? I can't believe there is such dissension over this. Now I will say--9 weeks, I question. 12 weeks? No. Big difference in growth. But I am certainly not going to tell a mother who thinks she might be feeling baby that she isn't. Everyone experiences pregnancy differently. 

BabyFruit Ticker       

• Yeah, I honestly don't get the whole, your uterus isn't past your pubic bone so you can't feel the baby moving. Does that mean you ladies don't feel cramps when you're on your period? I can't believe there is such dissension over this. Now I will say--9 weeks, I question. 12 weeks? No. Big difference in growth. But I am certainly not going to tell a mother who thinks she might be feeling baby that she isn't. Everyone experiences pregnancy differently. 
    Yeah, I honestly don't get the whole, your uterus isn't past your pubic bone so you can't feel the baby moving. Does that mean you ladies don't feel cramps when you're on your period? I can't believe there is such dissension over this. Now I will say--9 weeks, I question. 12 weeks? No. Big difference in growth. But I am certainly not going to tell a mother who thinks she might be feeling baby that she isn't. Everyone experiences pregnancy differently. 
    Cramps are your ute contracting.  It is an entire organ.  At 9 weeks, LO is the size of an olive swimming around and it isn't touching the sides of your ute for you to feel, especially if it is still behind your pubic bone because that just adds a layer of you know, bone.  I don't understand why this is hard to comprehend.  
    First, I even said there is a big difference between 9 and 12 weeks. 
    Also there is no bone in the front where you feel the baby kick. The pubic bones which are off to the side are simply measuring points. There's no "layer of bone" to feel through.

BabyFruit Ticker       

Yeah, I honestly don't get the whole, your uterus isn't past your pubic bone so you can't feel the baby moving. Does that mean you ladies don't feel cramps when you're on your period? I can't believe there is such dissension over this. Now I will say--9 weeks, I question. 12 weeks? No. Big difference in growth. But I am certainly not going to tell a mother who thinks she might be feeling baby that she isn't. Everyone experiences pregnancy differently. 
    Cramps are your ute contracting.  It is an entire organ.  At 9 weeks, LO is the size of an olive swimming around and it isn't touching the sides of your ute for you to feel, especially if it is still behind your pubic bone because that just adds a layer of you know, bone.  I don't understand why this is hard to comprehend.  
    First, I even said there is a big difference between 9 and 12 weeks. 
    Also there is no bone in the front where you feel the baby kick. The pubic bones which are off to the side are simply measuring points. There's no "layer of bone" to feel through.
    Okaaaayyyyy... Um, are you saying your pubic bone is only on the sides?  If so, you may want to contact the local media because that is pretty darn special.  

All those pesky doctors and years or research must be wrong.  You know better.  My bad.  
    ok, I apologize for not know the perfect anatomy. You are right about there being bone in the front. But you cannot tell me that the bone prevents you from feeling something in your uterus. Sorry for the weirdo picture, but how would an OB be able to perform this type of exam?:

BabyFruit Ticker       

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"