January 2014 Moms

Baby hair loss

My baby looks like George Costanza!  He had close to a full head of thin short hair when he was born, and now the only hair he has is a band about 1.5" wide around his neck's hairline.  He has lost his hair starting on the top of his head and now creeping down the sides of his head. The hair that is still there is growing longer, but I expect it will come out soon enough like the rest of it. I can notice new loss each day.  
DS1 didn't lose his hair, but I am sure this must be normal? I've seen other babies in public sporting similar looks.  
Anybody else have a baby that is losing their hair? 
image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Baby hair loss

• Yup. My guy has exactly what you said. I think part of why he has lost so much hair is because we have been fighting cradle cap.

image imageimage

• DS1 lost his full head of dark newborn hair by three months. By 6m, thick, blond hair was covering his head, and it's grown like a weed ever since.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Both of mine lost their hair around 4wks old.. Both with the band around the back of their necks. My son's was the worst bc he was born with super long hair. He looked like Ebeneezer Scrooge!
  • Yes, this is Jude exactly!
    Ashley, FTM, Age 31, Southern California
    Jude Meyer was born January 12, 2014, at 21 inches, 7lb, 8oz.

image imageimage
  • @tootsscott, they are adorable!
  • Jack didn't have much, but now at 8 weeks he is balder than ever except a little ring in the back. He wants to join the "Bald and beautiful" club.

I suspect he'll get his first haircut around 3 years. :)

My cat can read EKGs, can your human do that?
    ♥BFP#1 12-23-12, M/C 12-31-12 at 5w4d♥
    ♥BFP#2 05-09-13, EDD 01-15-14. C/S 12-23-13 at 36w5d for complete previa. Healthy baby boy♥

• Same here. He scoots up against the top of his bassinet and I can actually see his hair there where he's rubbed it off.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
  • precious72381precious72381 member
    edited February 2014
    I understand some of the newborn hair falls out but I'm curious (laugh at me)...any chance babies look balder because of how quickly their heads are growing - and the hair can't fill in as fast?? I don't know if that is the stupidest thing ever said or makes any sense. I just know LO 's head circumference grew about 5-6 inches in two weeks. That seems like a lot and not much time for hair to fill in. Just a thought...

Adding that Abby seems to be losing hair on the top of her head but it is growing longer in the back. She has a baby mullet going!

I'm 33 DH is 36 
    Married 6/27/2009 Together since 10/22/2005
    TTC since 8/2010 (off BCP since 8/2009) 
    Unexplained Infertility
    8/2011, 1/2012, 3/2012 IUI #1-3 BFN 
    6/2012 IVF#1 BFN, 8/2012 IVF#2 FET BFN, 11/2012 IVF#3 BFP
    12/10/2012 U/S #1 6w4d - heartbeat  EDD 8/1/13 
    12/26/2012 U/S #2 8w6d - No more heartbeat, MMC; D&C; Chromosome testing normal; male :( RPL testing normal 
    4/3/2013 DX Asherman's Syndrome caused by D&C, hysteroscopy done
    June 2013 IVF #4 planned 
    5/12/2013 SURPRISE BFP! Natural cycle 
    7/11/2013 Panorama results Normal!!! Team Pink, partial previa moved up in 2nd tri9/5/13 (19w) AS scan shows short cervix, 2.5 cm 9/19 (21w)  Cervix is worse 1.87cm, bed rest 10/26 & 10/27 steroid shots 12/19 (35w) DX: SGA Baby went from 57% percentile to 18th percentile in 6 weeks. Weekly BPP and NST until she is here. 1/17/18 Growth scan puts Abby below 10th percent in size, low amniotic fluid, and less movement. Time to induce!
    1/18/14 2:11am Abigial Morgan is here! 5lbs 14oz and 18 inches of pure cuteness!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • precious72381
    I follow your thought pattern, but I doubt that's what causing DS2's hair loss.  I think their heads can change size so quick because they go from pointy to more round.  My midwife commented on this to me so I wouldn't be shocked with the change in circumference.  
    He very clearly has a skullet going on now.  DH said we should just shave the rest off so it is more even... Not happening. 
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"