August 2012 Moms
Options

Vent (other teachers may relate!)

A day off to spend with my kid is not really a day off when my principal emails our team two things we all need to do before tomorrow, and tells me to do two other things.

Ridiculous.

Re: Vent (other teachers may relate!)

• Options
    I'm sorry.  That's such a pain, and probably someone else dropped the ball to cause this inconvenience (just my personal experience).  Hope you get to enjoy the rest of the day with your lo!

1999- Dx Prolactinoma

8-25-2012 - Lucas born via C-section at 38 Weeks 2 days
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    That sucks. I usually end up working on days off but only because I choose to. My boss doesn't email anybody unless he's at school. Won't even reply to an email during non-school hours!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ks3pink - My old principal was also incredibly respectful of our time, and I honestly believe that was a reason we were an A school. She had reasonable expectations for her staff. Current principal LOVES throwing out, via email, forms and data sheets that we need to fill out at all hours. It's because we are a state focus school, so all the slacking the whole district has been doing for 20+ years has come back to bite them. I said I wouldn't work in this district but gave it a try and I'm not sure it's a great long-term fit for me.
  • Options
    piphigirl said:

@ks3pink - My old principal was also incredibly respectful of our time, and I honestly believe that was a reason we were an A school. She had reasonable expectations for her staff. Current principal LOVES throwing out, via email, forms and data sheets that we need to fill out at all hours. It's because we are a state focus school, so all the slacking the whole district has been doing for 20+ years has come back to bite them. I said I wouldn't work in this district but gave it a try and I'm not sure it's a great long-term fit for me.

Oh I wouldn't say mine has reasonable expectations. He just doesn't work after hours himself. He also doesn't stay at school very long once the day is over. Most days when I leave he is no where in sight. Must be nice!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not a teacher but I can relate. I left my previous job because I was always doing things for work on my days off and staying late on the days I did work. I couldn't stand it anymore. I've been at my new job for almost a month now and I LOVE IT! When I leave I'm done. Nothing "extra" to do at home. I don't miss that.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"