Caribbean Babies

I got the stomach 'flu' or food poisoning this weekend.

On Friday we had a work potluck, and then S/O got Italian take out for V-day for us. It was delicious.

I woke up at 2AM after having a dream I was throwing up. When I woke up I was like, "Holy shit, I have to puke RIGHT NOW." I puked up the Italian. Didn't think much of it, went back to bed. 5 minutes later, puked again. And again. And again.

Did I mention I pissed myself a couple times? Did I mention I also had diarrhea? Did I mention we were out of toilet paper and S/O had to run to the grocery store at 630AM?

Did I mention I had to have diarrhea and ALSO throw up in a bucket at the same time for about 12 hours straight?

I have never been this sick in my life. I still haven't ate much solid food, but I stopped throwing up Saturday afternoon. I still can't poop right.

Somebody hold me.

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: I got the stomach 'flu' or food poisoning this weekend.

• I asked co-workers if they got sick at all, and they said no, and S/O is fine, so I don't know what I ate. Either that, or I touched some virus laden door handle that someone put their poopy dirty hand on.

I'm so sick of applesauce.

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

• I'll hold you when I can be sure you're not going to expel anything from EITHER end.

:( I hope you feel better soon! I can't imagine how awful that was/is.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

“When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies.”

- J.M. Barrie Peter Pan

married on the sweetest day 10.20.12

Chicken - 07.08.06 | Bubsy - 02.24.09 | Sunshine - 07.16.14

I have died every day waiting for you. Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years. And all along I believed I would find you, time has brought your heart to me. I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you a thousand more.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm usually a tough guy when I'm sick, but this time I broke down sobbing in the bathtub while S/O was rubbing my back.

That was after I had to lean over the tub and puke in the wastebasket. So sexy.

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

• OMG that sounds awful! I hope you're feeling better soon. 

Me: IR-PCOS, elevated DHEAs, low progesterone, weak ovulation  DH: low volume, low T
    SHG 5/10/13: both tubes blocked; HSG 6/28 = Left tube cleared! Right blocked.
    BFP#1 7/20/13 EDD 3/30/14, m/c 8/19/13, D&E 8/21/13, Chromosomal results = normal, female
    Lap & hysteroscopy scheduled for 10/31, right tube cleared, no endo found! ...Happy Halloween!
    Cycle 14: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP! EDD 9/16/14~ Rowan Elizabeth born sleeping at 17w4d on 4/12/14 due to IC.
    ~There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world~
    New RE June 2014. RPL b/w - negative. SIS looking for uterine/cervical abnormalities & Asherman's 6/10/14 - ALL CLEAR!  
    Cycle 16: Natural IUI = CP, Cycle 17: Femara (2.5) + IUI = BFN, Cycle 18 Femara (5) + IUI = BFFN, Cycle 19: Break
    Cycle 20: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP EDD 6/20, transvaginal cerclage 12/19, Carson Quinn born sleeping at 16w3d on 1/6/15 due to IC
    Phone consult with Dr. Haney (Univ of Chicago) for transabdominal cercalge scheduled for 2/9/15.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
    image image imageimage 
  • How awful! :( Glad you're feeling better.
    imageimage
  • That sounds awful.  I'm sorry.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Uggh, I'm right there with you.  Woke up early this morning with some diarrhea, figured it was no big deal.  Got up and ate my cereal for breakfast, and then I promptly threw that up.  I still went to work because I don't want to use a sick day.  I've been feeling bad all day.  I've thrown up twice more since getting to work - once I had to sprint down the hall to make it to the bathroom in time, and the 2nd time I just gave up and puked in the lab sink. Luckily no one else was around, and it was basically just water/bile at that point. I'm going home at 4. Hopefully this is just a 24hr thing.  I think I ate something bad.

Married since 8.2.08
    DS born 8.11.14
    BFP #2: 9.14.16, EDD: 5.24.17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Uggh, I'm right there with you.  Woke up early this morning with some diarrhea, figured it was no big deal.  Got up and ate my cereal for breakfast, and then I promptly threw that up.  I still went to work because I don't want to use a sick day.  I've been feeling bad all day.  I've thrown up twice more since getting to work - once I had to sprint down the hall to make it to the bathroom in time, and the 2nd time I just gave up and puked in the lab sink. Luckily no one else was around, and it was basically just water/bile at that point. I'm going home at 4. Hopefully this is just a 24hr thing.  I think I ate something bad.

I would probably kill a coworker if they came into work like that.

I hope you're feeling better teal!

TTC #1 since 10/2012.
    BFP#1 11/28/12, MC, BFP #2 CP
    BFP #3 10/21/2013, EDD 7/3/2014
    Beta #1 (4W6D): 1768 Beta #2 (5W1D): 5255
    1st US at 6W4D HB of 112 BPM!

1/20/2014: IT'S A GIRL!

6/30/2014: Happy birthday baby M!

janda426
  • pantherRN said:
    Uggh, I'm right there with you.  Woke up early this morning with some diarrhea, figured it was no big deal.  Got up and ate my cereal for breakfast, and then I promptly threw that up.  I still went to work because I don't want to use a sick day.  I've been feeling bad all day.  I've thrown up twice more since getting to work - once I had to sprint down the hall to make it to the bathroom in time, and the 2nd time I just gave up and puked in the lab sink. Luckily no one else was around, and it was basically just water/bile at that point. I'm going home at 4. Hopefully this is just a 24hr thing.  I think I ate something bad.

I would probably kill a coworker if they came into work like that.

I hope you're feeling better teal!

Thanks, what a peach.

Married since 8.2.08
    DS born 8.11.14
    BFP #2: 9.14.16, EDD: 5.24.17

BabyFruit Ticker
    I hope whatever you have passes soon! I'm with you on the sick days - I usually have the PTO built up, but if you call in sick here, it's unexcused, and if you get I think 3 in 6 months, you get wrote up for it. It's BS.

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Aw Teal, that really sounds awful. I hope you're on the mend soon.
  • Ugh, that sounds so miserable. Feel better soon. :)
    Me & DH: 34 - Married 2011
    DS: 10-9-14
    MC: 9-4-16

• That sounds awful. I hope you are feeling better today!

Anniversary 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"