Cincinnati Babies
Options

Things to do in Orlando

We leave for Orlando next Fri and are staying a week. DD will be 20 months then. I am wondering if it is worth it to pay the $ for a one day ticket to Magic Kingdom and maybe one day at Sea World? The tickets are so expensive however we want to do some fun things with her but don't want to waist $ since we are on a budget. I haven't been in years so not really sure what we should spend our $ on.

Re: Things to do in Orlando

• Options

My personal opinion is that money is NEVER wasted on a trip to Disney.  We took DD back in December and had a GREAT time!  I think you guys would have a great time!  Disney gets my vote over Sea World.

Cypress Gardens is also in the area and, from what I remember, is nice.  It has been a while since I have been there, but I don't think it is as pricey as Disney or Sea World. 

GL and have a great time!

• Options
    I think it is worth it even for one day. Even at 20 months, I think your DD would enjoy it. We took my nephews about a year and a half ago and they were 4, 2, and 10 months at the time and they loved it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    At 20 months I would recommend Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom.  I bet she'd have a great time.  You could also walk around Downtown Disney.  It's really fun at night and the last time I was there you didn't have to pay to visit.  Have fun.  I'm so jealous!  I love Disney/Orlando.
  • Options
    Oh great. I guess what I meant by waisted $ is not knowing if she was too little to ride any of the rides there so that is good to know that she can. I think we will do one day at Disney. Any other things we should do? I have been doing research online, it seems like there is a lot to do so I am a little overwhelmed right now.  
  • Options
    With all the shows and characters and things to walk around and see....I think you should def take her to Magic Kingdom.  Price a hopper pass vs a one day pass.  She may like Animal Kingdom too....it's a glorified zoo with shows, rides.  Not sure if she'll be old enough for rides - I've never paid attention.  I bet you could do some research and find out if you wanted to know in advance.  I second the Downtown Disney idea too.  It's free to go and there are lots of cute shops.  They have a Lego shop too with tons of neat lego people, etc.  Some of the hotels have character breakfasts and you don't have to stay at the hotel to participate.  Check the disney website...I'm sure you can find away to get some info.  I think there's a lot to do in Kissimmi too.  Have fun!  I'm SUPER jealous!  I'm a Disney freak!  :-)
    Jennie Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Downtown Disney is free, and they have a huge lego exhibit and other fun things for kids.  Also, I think Orlando has a good Children's Museum, plus there is a ton of stuff on the main strip including an Ripley's Believe it or not..which of course dc won't understand but will probably enjoy looking at silly things like the upside down house.  Have fun!  I'm jealous, I love Orlando!
  • Options

She can ride anything without a height restriction, so in Magic Kingdom, that's a lot! All of Fantasyland, Pirates of the Caribbean, Jungle Cruise, Buzz Lightyear and lots more, plus shows and parades and Mickey's Toontown. Plus it shouldn't be too crowded this time of year (though I've heard not to do Magic Kingdom on a Monday). We are planning to take DD for a week when she's about 19 months and I can't wait, I think we'll all have so much fun!

Here's Disney's page about taking toddlers. Have fun!

Ha! I edited my link, apparently it didn't copy. Hopefully that works.

Photo by Melissa Nicole Photography

imageimage
  • Options
    Also, I don't know if your DH is into watersports at all, but there is an awesome outdoor watersports area in Orlando that's pretty cheap and a lot of fun. You wouldn't be able to do it being pregnant, but there is a rope tow with kneeboarding, waterskiing, etc. We went on a whim last time and it was awesome!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh so cool, thanks so much for all the great info. Yeah I was just looking up Downtown DIsney and that looks awesome. I love the Lego Center and they have a Pooh Corner and Once Upon a Toy. They have some cool cafe the Rainforest Cafe that looks so cool for dinner. I think DH and I might do a date night and go to Cirque, I've never been. Luckily my mom is coming from Ft. Meyers to stay for a few days since my DH has a Conf Tues and Wed during the day. She said she would watch DD a couple nights so we can go out on a date. I was like a date, what is that. hee hee. Yippie.
  • Options
    Are you members of AAA?  I was just going through some old mail and January is Disney month at AAA!  They have a 2009 Disney guide book that says it has coupons in it.  You can also get info on what else to do in Orlando.
    Jennie Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think my dad is a AAA member, I will ask him. Thanks! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"