Baby Showers
Options

Thank you ettiquette for large group gift/surprise shower

After classes Thursday my co-workers threw me a surprise baby shower before we had parent/teacher conferences (I'm a teacher if you couldn't tell). It was a quick event since we only had half an hour, but so thoughtful, unexpected and sweet of everyone to take their few spare minutes that day for me and buy me gifts. Three women were the organizers so I will give them each their own thank you note. But my question is what about the rest of the staff? We have a group of about 50 people and some didn't even know about the shower beforehand, but I still want to include in a thank you since they showed up. I have no idea who contributed to wonderful box of gifts I received. Do you think a group thank you card and bringing in breakfast is a good thank you for the staff? I was thinking bagels/cream cheese and donuts so people can grab them and go to their room on their way in Tuesday morning. Or is there a better way to say thank you to everyone? Thanks for the advice!

Re: Thank you ettiquette for large group gift/surprise shower

• Options
    Your idea is perfect!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think your idea is perfect. 

I think I would also ask the 3 "organizers" if there was anyone else who contributed to the gifts. Then maybe send a Thank You card to anyone they mentioned as well. 
    BabyFruit Ticker 

image image image image image
    Married since June 2012
    EDD May 2014
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's a great idea!! And I agree with @ErikaLynn75 suggestion of asking the 3 organizers which staff members contributed.
  • Options
    This is exactly what we do at my school.  Sometimes there are smaller group gifts (like 5 people who chipped in $10 each for something) and the standard has become writing one thank you, addressed to all 5, and then passing the card around to each (leaving it in the first persons mailbox, who will then pass it on to the next, etc...).  Anything with a significant number of people who contributed usually get a thank you card pinned to the board in the faculty cafeteria with some snacks or bagels.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image image
  • Options
    I love your idea and think it is perfect.  

I am going to dissent on asking who contributed.  Right now I am gathering letters of rec for an award nomination, and I have been assuring everyone I ask that the honoree will never know if they do not write one.  If said honoree asked for a list I would demur.  If they pressed I would skip straight to heart attack.  I think the situation here is similar and your lovely organizers may prefer to protect the feelings of people who declined to contribute or didn't know until too late.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! Ordered bagels this morning for the breakfast!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"