January 2013 Moms

AW: Name Help

I have already asked the baby name board, but I didn't get a ton of responses and I'd love some more feedback. My other BMB will just tell me to ask the baby name board, but since ya'll are so nice and helpful I thought I'd try here.

What are your thoughts about the name Sawyer David? I'm open to all honest responses. David will be the middle name for sure, it's a family name. DS1 is named Lucas if that helps.

Thanks!

Re: AW: Name Help

• chrissynenachrissynena member
    edited February 2014
    I love the name Sawyer. For a boy or girl (I know most people don't like it for a girl). I know someone that has a Sawyer Jane.

Edit: word correction

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
    New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
    IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Induced week 39 due to severe GD
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
    ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker          

• I like it! David would be my middle name choice for a boy too!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I personally love the name Sawyer, for either gender. It's on our list for #2

• I really like it :) I was a big fan of Sawyer on the tv show Lost and always thought it was a cool sounding name.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I really like it :) I was a big fan of Sawyer on the tv show Lost and always thought it was a cool sounding name.

Me too :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Me too, he was the best thing about Lost. And on One Tree Hill there was a girl named Peyton Sawyer, who was always called P. Sawyer, who ended up naming her daughter Sawyer. That's where I fell in love with it.
    BabyName Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • It makes me think of Lost. It is NMS, but I like the sib set with Lucas.
    IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP, DS born Jan 2013
    IVF/ICSI #2 - BFP, DD born Feb 2015
    IVF FET - BFP, due April 2017

• It's not my favorite, but it is cute and works well with Lucas. :) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My love of the name did not come from Lost. I don't remember where I even heard it initially.

I've only ever heard it as a boy's name, until recently. I don't mind unisex names, but I guess my hesitation is that he ends up with a bunch of girls name Sawyer in school. I don't know, maybe I'm over thinking it. The consensus seems to be most prefer it for a boy, but it can work for a girl too.

We aren't sharing the name this time around, so I just wanted to know if I might need to prepare myself for comments about our name choice. Thanks for your help ladies! I really appreciate the help.
  • Love it with Lucas!

• It's NMS, but I love David.  In fact, if we have a boy I'd love to name him David, but it's DH's name and neither of us really want to do the jr thing. But if I were married to another man it would be my number 1 name choice :) Classic, but not overused. 

• I think Sawyer is a really cute name! I have two friends who recently named their sons Sawyer. I definitely prefer it for boys though; I'm personally not a fan of it being used for a girl.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • court115court115 member
    edited February 2014
    I like it! Especially as part of a sib set with Lucas.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • ema10 said:
    I have already asked the baby name board, but I didn't get a ton of responses and I'd love some more feedback. My other BMB will just tell me to ask the baby name board, but since ya'll are so nice and helpful I thought I'd try here.

What are your thoughts about the name Sawyer David? I'm open to all honest responses. David will be the middle name for sure, it's a family name. DS1 is named Lucas if that helps.

Thanks!
    Wow, how sweet of them :|.

I think Sawyer David is a great name.  A touch of trendy(ish) with a very classic name.  Nice!
  • I know a little girl named Sawyer, but I definitely prefer it for a boy.

Q :  06.25.10
    W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"