Baby Showers
Options

Thank you's

How long did you wait to send yours?  I had my shower last weekend, and have an order in on my thank you cards now.  I expect to have the blank cards in hand by next week.  I was planning on getting them out right away.  Thoughts?

Re: Thank you's

• Options

I agree with PP. Just spend an evening or weekend getting them done and out of your mind, asap. once LO arrives those cards are going to get pushed to the back burner and some people might be disappointed or offended by not receiving one.

I just received a thank you from a wedding I attended in October and I thought it was super strange that they waited so long to send it, even though it was a cute photocard thank you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    IMO I think within 3-4 weeks is reasonable.  Might not be the accepted-upon time frame, but I think that's reasonable for ordering stationery, handwriting and mailing, while dealing with the final weeks of pregnancy and all that comes with it.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well all you can do at this point is get them out the day after you receive them, but ideally, you probably should've sent them out sooner. I'm sure your friends and family will still love ya, though!
  • Options
    kimberpoo said:

I agree with PP. Just spend an evening or weekend getting them done and out of your mind, asap. once LO arrives those cards are going to get pushed to the back burner and some people might be disappointed or offended by not receiving one.

I just received a thank you from a wedding I attended in October and I thought it was super strange that they waited so long to send it, even though it was a cute photocard thank you.

Side note, but I think its even weirder when people send thank yous out super late AND its an impersonal photocard. Its like...you didn't even bother writing "thank you", why on earth did this take 6 months?! You canhave Shutterfly (or whoever) mail them for you so it only takes a few days to arrive after you order so there's no excuse. Personally I'd always prefer a regular, handwritten thank you note.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Excuse the typos above. I'm on my phone.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"