Birthday Parties
Options

Goodie bag ?

If you were doing a bowling alley birthday party, would you do a goodie bag? We invited DD's class - total of 8 kids plus a few more - not sure all or any will make it. DH thinks we should not do them (since we are doing bowling) but I was thinking maybe something small, possibly free game of bowling from the place it's at - if they offer that, maybe a little notebook and pencil, fruit snacks and something else small. Last year her party was at our house and only had 3 other kids, I did princess stuff, wand, crown, cup with crazy straw - all used at the party then they got to take them home - and stickers along with a mini doll cake to take home. Thanks for your thoughts...
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  

Re: Goodie bag ?

• Options
    sschwegesschwege member
    edited February 2014
    I can't stand Goody Bags, so I probably would skip them.  But if I were going to do it I would maybe pick a kids' book that involves bowling?  Like 'Curious George Goes Bowling' or something?
  • Options
    I don't think goodie bags are a necessity.  If you didn't do one, no big deal.  Personally I like making goodie bags as a way to thank the kids/parents from coming and taking the time out of their day.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @nicb13 I'm with you on crappy toys and candy - I really dislike candy in goodie bags to begin with because my kid doesn't eat a lot of candy, so we end up tossing it.  I think sometimes it's easier to get one nicer gift than a bunch of crappy little things.

When you say age of kids vary, how many kids are we talking about and how varied are the ages? There are lots of "thank you gifts" you can give that aren't crappy toys.  So long as the kids are all "kid age" something like a crayon roll would be a good idea:

My son got a water bottle at the last birthday party he went to and loved it.
    My niece and nephew went to a birthday party where they got basketballs and thought it was the coolest thing ever.  (A playground ball would work well for younger kids)
    My son's second birthday was train themed, so we gave all the kids a wooden train - which is perfect because 2 year olds love trains.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    For my DD's 2nd birthday I'm thinking of doing mini play doh containers, mini bottle of bubbles and stickers. I also don't want to give candy to 0-2 year olds. I figure the toddlers will enjoy the play doh and babies might like the bubbles. I've also seen small coloring books with crayon and I think parents would appreciate that gift too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"