July 2013 Moms

Virginians

Do you think we will actually get a buttload of snow like they are saying? Where we live we have had barely any snow this winter. They canceled school one day because it snowed an inch. So yeah, I'm really wondering if the state of emergency thing is actually going to affect us this time! We have milk and bread so we are ok I think. ;)

Re: Virginians

• Not sure but I was supposed to fly out Wednesday night for a Thursday meeting in NC and they postponed the meeting due to the threat of snow there.
    I'm not sure but if we do things will be at a standstill for several days if not through the weekend. :(

Bonus: 

• I sure as shit hope so! I already dislike the team dynamic on my new project and I need to stay home and snuggle.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @stephyfaith I think I live closeish to you. You are in L'burg and I'm in R'burg. Is that right? I'm on the fence about it. The last big "snow" was a big failure. Some friends were mentioning that last year L'burg made national news because buses were sliding all over during a snow storm. I wouldn't want my DD out, on the bus in that mess.
  • etoille said:

Yeah I remember the Feb 2010 stuff. Still have the pics somewhere

I started this job that week! We did a million client conference calls since we had a big project starting then as well.

Snnnnnooowwwwww!!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @maryannespier when they emailed and said their meeting rooms were being turned into sleeping space for staff...I knew it was dicey.

Bonus: 

• @RoRo10733 I didn't know there was a bumpie so close to me! Sweet! :)

Yeah because it's so hilly here it's pretty bad for buses to be out when it's icy. I get the canceling school for icy conditions thing. It's just that they said we were going to get snow in January and it seems like everyone but us got snow! Ha. If it's going to be so dang cold, it would be nice to have a pretty snow day at least once this winter.

@etoille - sorry about your house. :( the timing does suck.

We have a babysitter and tickets to a show Friday night. I'm guessing that may not work out...

I'm just really hoping we don't lose power. I don't mind being stuck at home if it's warm. :)
  • I really hate being trapped in the house so I am hoping its not as bad as it seems like it will be.  But DH will get to stay home and help take care of LO so that's good I suppose.  Though last time DH took a snow day he spent half the day pacing the house because he felt like he needed to be at work.  Super helpful....

• :( I hope we can still go to Volt for brunch on Saturday.

Bonus: 

• I don't know but it's supposed to hit Strasburg pretty hard (that's where I grew up) but it's hard to tell what'll really happen. 
  • Woohoo, snow! It better really, really dump a lot, cause dh's work never gets cancelled. They're saying 9-12 for loudoun.
    Mom to Jacob, Henry and Ian Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • etoille said:

Yeah I remember the Feb 2010 stuff. Still have the pics somewhere

Omg! Feb 2010. I of course was heading to San Diego when the storm hit. Tried changing flights ahead of the storm. No dice. Big company meeting there. Got in 2 days late :( Came back and my car was buried. Couldn't get to it for like a week. It was so crazy.

Bonus: 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"