Stay at Home Moms

Sore throat remedy?

What's your favorite sore throat remedy? I started getting one yesterday, and it's just been getting worse and worse. I've had tea and honey, gargled with salt water, and took some ibuprofen for the inflammation/pain.

Re: Sore throat remedy?

• I think gargling with salt water is the best.  It's supposed to kill the infection that is making your throat sore.  Make sure the water is warm enough to dissolve the salt, but not hot.  Feel better 

Check out my blog ---->  http://minismama.com/
  • A tbsp liquid honey mixed with a tbsp cinnamon is one I always use, but the most effective is 1 cup hot water + 1 tbsp honey + 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar. It tastes pretty good and you feel the effects right away. 
    Also, adding lemon to your tea... or just putting some in hot water. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you, ladies. The bruised ginger is something I've never heard of, but we have some and I will give it a try. Of course this happens on a day DH is OOT for a sales conference.
  • spoonful of honey. Coats your throat and makes swallowing a little better. Hope you feel better soon! Also Burt's bees makes kickass cough drops.
  • My best friend swears by marshmallows.  I looked it up on the web (after thinking she was nuts) and a lot of people say it works.  I've never actually tried it though.  But it couldn't hurt, right?  And it's yummy!  Maybe put some in a cup of hot chocolate.  Laced with kahlua.  haha. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• CnAmom said:
    I was going to suggest just straight honey. It supposedly coats your throat or something. When DS1 had strep, gargling with warm salt water helped him the most.
    This…I gargle with salt water first, then take a straight spoonful of honey.  Both have healing qualities and the honey is soothing.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"