Parenting

Returning a defective Kindle

DS got a Kindle Fire from my parents for Christmas. From the beginning, when he watches shows, the sound will randomly turn off. This even happens when he has a strong wifi signal. Usually, I could close the show and go back in and it would be fine. About two weeks ago, I had to call amazon because the sound turned off and I couldn't get it to turned back on. They had me refresh the Kindle. It seemed fine, and I asked the lady of this was a common problem, and she said no and basically offered to send me a new one right then. They wanted a credit card number in case I never sent the old one back. I decided to wait to see it the issue was resolved before getting a new one.

Since then, i have noticed that it takes a VERY long time to charge. I can charge my dead iPhone in an hour, this thing would take like six hours. It was fine over the weekend, until last night when I plugged it in. I came back in the kitchen and saw that DH unplugged it to plug his phone in. The kindle wouldn't even turn on, so I plugged it back in. I get up this morning and it still won't turn on.

Has anyone had this happen or have to send one back for another reason? Can I trust that they will be honest and not say that it was my fault and charge me for a new one, which I can't afford? It just sucks, since that decision would be made after I get the new one.

Sorry this got so long!

Re: Returning a defective Kindle

• I have never had to return a kindle, but I have never had a problem returning a defective item, or even just something I didn't want, to amazon.
    image image
  • Amazon is great about this. I had my kindle for 2 years and got the screen of death and they sent me a new one for free
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • @robinsokj That is great to hear! I was hoping it was just defective, since it is only a month and a half old and I called previously about problems.

• @uconnhuskie007 So it turned off for turned off for two weeks and turned back on?

My biggest gripe about getting a new one is losing my level 28 status on Jelly Splash.

• I basically have the same story as MrsButt. My mom's started having charging issues and they quickly sent a new one. They provided the shipping label to send the old one back and all I had to do was drop it off. Amazon has the best customer service.
  • A few years ago I had an old school Kindle freeze on me. Customer service helped me try to reboot it but it wasn't working. They 1 day shipped a brand new one and had me send the frozen one back in the packaging from the new one. I just set it back on my porch and ups picked it up the next day! They paid for all of the shipping and they made it super easy! They have amazing customer service! I had that Kindle for a few years. They did ask if I had dropped it or gotten it wet which would have caused it to not be under warranty, but as soon as I said no, they handled it 100%
  • No kindle, but Amazon is awesome customer service/returning things in my experience.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @justbeachy109 I hate the connection site between the Kindle to the cord. It is very strange that it is slanted. I feel like there's more chance for something bad to happen.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"