Parenting

House hunting sucks

I was looking forward to house hunting for so long. We saw 9 houses in 2 days and were ready to put an offer on a house.

The same day we saw it they got an offer with no contingencies. We would have had to offer list or more and it would have left us house poor. We had to walk away and it was sooo hard.

Someone please pour me a stiff drink and tell me we made the right choice. Being financially responsible sucks! Damn it! Fuck this shit! I just want to curse today...and drink.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)

Re: House hunting sucks

• I'm sorry!  We are getting ready to buy (I hope) and it is unbelievable how fast houses are going right now.  I feel like it is musical chairs or something...you've got to be in the right place at the right time.  Good luck to you on your hunt!  

Maybe you lucked out though.  Maybe there was something wrong with the house you didn't get, and you didn't know it yet.  
  • Thanks! There will be more I hope!

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)
  • Loading the player...
  • The "luck" thing happened to us twice when we tried to buy our first house.  The first place we put an offer on and didn't get turned out to be located down the street from a drug den...several notorious houses we found out about later.  The second time it happened, we actually backed out because there was already a mold problem in the house.  It was hard, though, because the house was brand new and gorgeous, but I'm so glad our inspector found it.  We ended up in the exact right house for us.
  • Sorry. :(  We are listing our house in about a week and a half. I've had my eye on a house. We've been in it and we love it. I am pretty sure we won't have a shot at it, and it makes me want to bawl because it is perfect for us.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Buying a house is, hands down, the hardest thing I've ever done.  You have all my sorries.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• That one wasn't meant to be your house. Don't think twice about it... Get excited to see what else comes on the market! I used to stalk Realtor.com
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • DH and I had an accepted offer on our dream house last year. The home inspection turned up mold in the garage and major structural issues with the fireplaces...the two fireplaces were the selling points to me. We still talk about the house and drive by it often. House hunting sucks big time.
  • buying a house was the hardest and most stressful thing i've ever done.  we found two houses that were absolutely gorgeous but while we could have afforded them/dealt with the issues they had, they would have made us house poor.  we walked away from both, as hard as it was.  lots of tears were involved.

we ended up with the house that we actually passed up on (i actually rolled my eyes at the online listing and driving by it) several occasions but was actually quite perfect.  not perfect at all but perfect for us, kwim?  

have a drink.  or two.  or three.  don't let online listings put you down and i hope you have an awesome realtor to help you find your dream place but doesn't push you into the wrong place.  

however long the night, dawn will break.

• That sucks.  One thing to bear in mind is that as spring and summer approaches, the amount of houses for sale typically rise.  Right now the inventory around here sucks so if we were actually considering moving right now I'd be pretty frustrated too.  Chin up!
  • Im sorry.... yeah it's really hard right now.  Im not sure if you're in California but the market is really starting to recover.
       We looked at 9 places in one day and we only liked on and offered $5k above asking and they countered for 10 above and we accepted.
      Having said that, the sellers rented it from us for a few months and we made the 5k back and then some.  Also, since we bought it, it's gone up 10k or 15k.... thats that big advantage to being an owner I suppose.
      are we house poor?  oh yea
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"