January 2013 Moms

Hold me...

I just caught DS climbing out of his crib.. It's on the lowest setting.. So we are going to be taking the outer rail off and converting it to a toddler bed. A freaking TODDLER BED.. He is 13 months old! Not even. I am so not ready for this..

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

Re: Hold me...

• Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh are you serious???  I am not ready for this crud, how tall is he???  DD is in the 90th percentile for height and I keep freaking out wondering when she is going to try.  She already climbs in and out of her toy chests.  How are you going to keep him in it???
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • He's 31 inches, 95th percentile for height and a wicked climber. As to how to keep him there? Good question..? He'll be able to get in and out of bed on his own now. And i could cry. He easily gets on and off the couch just fine, so i know he will be okay with his bed that is much lower to the ground, all the same i am putting a foam mat around his bed to pad him just in case he falls at first. 

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• Loading the player...
  • Omg. No. No no no no no. No.

Sorry, that's all I've got.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How did we get babies who climb out of their cribs? I mean it seems like he was born just last a few days ago! Time flies...please slow down, please I'm begging.

• That is crazy!! How did they get so big so fast?
  • Oh wow! That's crazy! DD isn't a climber so I haven't even thought about her doing that
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 2013mommy said:
    What?! Crazy! Our crib has a higher rail in the back than the front and I've read you can turn the crib around so the higher rail is in front making it harder for them to climb out. I'm hoping if he decides to climb out of the crib on the early side of things that will give us some more time!
    This is a freaking genius idea, thank you! Haha child! You have not defeated me yet!

• Yikes!  While I truly believe DS#2 will be out of the crib before DS#1, 13 months is crazy!!  DS#2 only just started standing in bed.  DS#1 we finally put him in the toddler bed at 2.5 because I was tired of lifting him in.  He never tried to climb out of bed.  I'm thinking DS#2 (who loves to climb) will be much sooner than that.  Good luck with the transition!  To keep DS#1 in his room once he was in the toddler bed, we put a gate across his door and childproofed his room to the ceiling (ok, not really, but we did make it safe).  Other than that, we just kind of let him sleep where he wanted.  Sometimes it was in the bed, sometimes he'd pull everything off the bed and sleep on the floor.  As long as he was sleeping I didn't care.  Actually, he still prefers sleeping on the flood sometimes!
    Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

• Whoa. That's crazy!! I hope we are a long way away from that! :-O
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh my! I can't believe it! DD has started to try climbing up the crib from the outside but hasn't made it very far so I think we still have a while before she's getting out. 

GL with the transition!!
  • Yeah, I forgot to say that when I posted yesterday that I also have a coworker who ended up putting a tent topper thingy on the crib when her little one started crawling out really early. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Please don't tell my son about this...

BPF 1. Baby Girl "Petri" 12/22/11 Said goodbye 12/27/11

BPF 2. Baby Boy "Roo" 1/20/12 Heartbeat 160b/m 2/15/12 Said goodbye 2/20/12

BPF 3. Rainbow Baby Boy "Creed"  4/28/12 Born healthy and alive 1/5/13

BFP 4. "Rainbow 2.0" 8/17/14 due 4/28/15

"Darling don't be afraid. I have loved you a thousand years. I love you a thousand more."

imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"