February 2014 Moms

New Moms with Fur Babies (pips welcome!)

How goes it? 
How is LO and the Furries getting along? 
What are you doing to acclimate them? 
Any questions/concerns/ etc?
PiP if you want!

“Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”
— The Doctor, Season 3, Episode 6

Dating Since: 2/13/05 * Married Since: 9/8/12 

Re: New Moms with Fur Babies (pips welcome!)

• Everyone is feeling each other out. The cats seems curious about him, but not too curious. They will sniff and look and go away when they get bored. Charlie cat sleeps on my bed next to me, and although he likes to look at the baby, he shows no interest  about going in the bassinet. In fact, he is very careful to skirt around in, it kinda looks like he is playing the lava game when he goes y it LOL! 

As far as the dog  - Chi has met DS a few times now. He has been allowed to sniff feet and seems VERY interested in baby. It does make me a little nervous still, and at this point, the dog has been on vacation with my in-laws downstairs. I am anxious to see what happens when we bring him back up, but DH doesn't want to try it yet until I am healed a bit more.

PiP if you want!
    No pics of DS and Furs yet, we're working to it!

“Some people live more in 20 years than others do in 80. It’s not the time that matters, it’s the person.”
    — The Doctor, Season 3, Episode 6

Dating Since: 2/13/05 * Married Since: 9/8/12 

• Loading the player...
  • Murphy is pretty chill.  Occasionally, he will try to lick the baby, which I've been trying to discourage.  
  • Our chocolate lab is very curious and protective. SHe stays close by but gives her space. She barks when people knock on the door and she never used to! She does, however, hate the white noise apps on our phones so she can't sleep in our room anymore.

• edited February 2014
    My older dog & cat could've cared less when DS1 was born. Then younger dog & cat have not been around a newborn so we will see! The younger is a Boxer mix & has always been (hes 6weeks younger than DS1) amazing with him. The younger cat is incredibly curious & friendly... Afraid i'll catch that one in the cradle but hopefully not. Two weeks & we'll find out!!!
    With DS1 i did nothing to prepare the pets, even my moms dogs were just fine (4yr, 115lb lab & 10yr, 75lb lab) no prep necessary. I guess we got lucky? Lol
    Edited for pic but wouldnt post :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"