Stay at Home Moms
Options

Books for Beginning Readers

DS1 is in K. What series do you recommend for beginning readers (especially boys)? We have read Charlotte's Web and he really enjoys the Weird School series, but I'd like to expand his choices. We tried Junie b Jones , but he wasn't into them at all.

Re: Books for Beginning Readers

• Options
    Spin313Spin313 member
    edited February 2014
    Not a series, but DS is also in kindy and we love The Big ________ Book of Beginner Books (Blue, Red, Purple, Orange). He can read most of those on his own.

• Options
    Magic Treehouse was the first chapter book series we did. It's simply worded and has a lot of action, so it held their attention pretty well. We're doing Junie B right now. My oldest likes it, but the 5 year old is kind of in and out. They liked the Mouse and the Motorcycle books pretty well, but they might have been a bit advanced.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    At that age, when we were still reading to DD in addition to her reading to us, she loves Encyclopedia Brown.
  • Options
    Emily loved all the super short, super cheap 1-5 step books at Target.

Biscuit Goes to School, Lego City, Thomas and the Jet Engine, Emma's Super Busy Day, etc. They make them for every holiday and you can buy them super cheap through the Scholastic book orders the school sends home. I sent an email to parents of 2nd+ graders and found many whom were eager to get rid of all theirs. :)

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"