December 2013 Moms
Options

momma's who have dealt with thrush

DD can't be seen til Monday and idk if I can be seen on monday like I planned Bc of stupid tricare and their authorization #'s. My breasts are starting to hurt more...so is there any thing I can do til my apt, which is hopefully Monday. I just caught the symptoms last night so that's why we have to wait until monday. I'm glad I caught it early though so no symptoms yet in DD but my boobs feel like someone is shooting glass through em and are really tender :((

Also do yall know how long it takes to go away? And I know I have to boil anything and everything that touches my breast or DD mouth. Thank yall

Re: momma's who have dealt with thrush

• Options
    Okay thank yall. Yeah now it's starting to hurt more. And by the way it's looking me playing the middle man for my stupid ass dr office and insurance company I won't be able to be seen for a while. Which if I'm not seen by Monday I'm going to urgent care or something. I wanna pull my damn hair out its sooo annoying dealing with tricare and civilian doctors ~X(
  • Options
    My pedi sad to get the gentian violet and use on me and for LO for 3 days. Stick a q tip in bottle and let LO suck on it for a couple seconds to get it spread around the mouth. Make sure not to double dip the q tip. Get a new one for your nips. My LO did not like the taste but it wasn't a big deal he just made a face and drooled it out for a few minutes then he was fine. It stains horribly so be careful with clothes. It will fade from skin in a day or so.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Does the gentian violet help get rid of the yeast or it just to soothe until we are able to get a prescription
  • Options
    Ok. Thank yall for the comments. I really appreciate it
  • Options

My pedi sad to get the gentian violet and use on me and for LO for 3 days. Stick a q tip in bottle and let LO suck on it for a couple seconds to get it spread around the mouth. Make sure not to double dip the q tip. Get a new one for your nips. My LO did not like the taste but it wasn't a big deal he just made a face and drooled it out for a few minutes then he was fine. It stains horribly so be careful with clothes. It will fade from skin in a day or so.

It does stain but a way to keep it off baby's face as much is to put Vaseline around their mouth while nursing and wipe it off when you're done. An alternative way to get it in baby's mouth is just to apply to your breasts before feeding and as they nurse, it'll get in their mouth.
    Unfortunately I still have to use the nipple sheild Bc of flat nips :-<
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"